5A Championship: Summit vs Knox Central

Bump11

5A was BY FAR the deepest classification of all 9 TN classes. I honestly felt like there were abt 10 teams (Knox Central, Knox West, South Doyle, Henry Co, Beech, Gallatin, Summit, Page, Shelbyville, Powell) that had a very realistic shot a winning it all when the playoffs started as long as they played well. There were also a couple of other teams (think Dyer Co) you could have possibly added to this list as well that had an outside shot and would've had to play the best 5 games of their season to have a chance.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, uofl said:

West lost buy doesn't change the fact that west would have beat summit. I mean powell and South Doyle also 

Blah blah blah.. summit wasnt the best team from the west. Take your shoulda couldas and wouldas to the bank and see what its worth.. I know you people think east Tennessee is the only place football is played. We all know the Knoxville teams get to take advantage of the open recruiting in Knoxville.  Here we have hard lines were 1 team cant just suck up all the talent in the area.  West, powell and SD all had their chance . They didn't make it... Summit did. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RollRed said:

Blah blah blah.. summit wasnt the best team from the west. Take your shoulda couldas and wouldas to the bank and see what its worth.. I know you people think east Tennessee is the only place football is played. We all know the Knoxville teams get to take advantage of the open recruiting in Knoxville.  Here we have hard lines were 1 team cant just suck up all the talent in the area.  West, powell and SD all had their chance . They didn't make it... Summit did. 

Blah blah blah sounds like your making an excuse because they lost. Saying hard lines. Summit had there chance and got beat as well. Summitt couldn’t beat west Powell or south Doyle

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RollRed said:

Blah Blah Blah tired of hearing about recruiting stuff all schools do it even down your way. Best team won and Centrals coach is a great coach knows how to get the must out of kids. 

6 minutes ago, rollnoles said:

Blah Blah Blah tired of hearing about recruiting stuff all schools do it even down your way. Best team won and Centrals coach is a great coach knows how to get the must out of kids. 

West would have beat Summit. State championship game was last Friday night with Central and West

• Like 1