Alcoa Transfers - What’s Going On??

Tangledweb

13 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Eventually football will be a game of the past if same schools dominate a class with an unfair advantage, and apparently you're not understanding that.

Yes I agree 100%. That is why Maryville needs to step up and play better competition. An out of state opponent or a big D2 school. Anything would be than beating up on Heritage and William Blount every year. 

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes I agree 100%. That is why Maryville needs to step up and play better competition. An out of state opponent or a big D2 school. Anything would be than beating up on Heritage and William Blount every year. 

Maryville doesn't have it as easy as Alcoa. Going out of state especially to Kentucky you will get a good home cooking like we did my senior year and Alcoa a few years back. Other than the Maryville game all Alcoa has to do is show up beat the tar out of somebody and go home.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Maryville doesn't have it as easy as Alcoa. Going out of state especially to Kentucky you will get a good home cooking like we did my senior year and Alcoa a few years back. Other than the Maryville game all Alcoa has to do is show up beat the tar out of somebody and go home.

Alcoa schedules up 3 6A teams that all went at least 3 rds deep. Maryville plays no one regular season except Alcoa. Both teams may have 1-2 tough games in the playoffs that’s it. Both teams are very similar in this regard. If Alcoa needs to play up cause they beat the snot out of people Maryville does too. 

15 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Alcoa schedules up 3 6A teams that all went at least 3 rds deep. Maryville plays no one regular season except Alcoa. Both teams may have 1-2 tough games in the playoffs that’s it. Both teams are very similar in this regard. If Alcoa needs to play up cause they beat the snot out of people Maryville does too. 

To be honest Maryville and Alcoa have built such a rivalry that they focus on each other day and night and really have made each better for it passing up other school such as the Blackman's and the Kingsport D-B's. I can tell you Maryville will never go out of state to play a football game because of the cost and fans won't go that far unless it was possibly a Saturday game but I just don't see that ever happening. We went to Kentucky my senior year and got screwed big time and so did Alcoa a few years ago. That should be a lesson learned.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swipes said:

You do realize that over 90% of the schools in Tn are Open Zone Schools per the TSSAA Guidelines and classified as such.  Any School system that has a transfer policy on file that someone can attend that school and not live in that zone is Open Zoned no matter if it's for safety, classes not offered at other school, disciplinary, etc 

I guess most of the small schools are not open zoned then.GB,South Pitt,Coalfield,Oneida,OS I could go on and on.If we get a transfer they HAVE to live here.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I guess most of the small schools are not open zoned then.GB,South Pitt,Coalfield,Oneida,OS I could go on and on.If we get a transfer they HAVE to live here.

Loudon County students can not pay tuition and go to Lenior City?  Probably, would not want to but it should be possible?

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

To be honest Maryville and Alcoa have built such a rivalry that they focus on each other day and night and really have made each better for it passing up other school such as the Blackman's and the Kingsport D-B's. I can tell you Maryville will never go out of state to play a football game because of the cost and fans won't go that far unless it was possibly a Saturday game but I just don't see that ever happening. We went to Kentucky my senior year and got screwed big time and so did Alcoa a few years ago. That should be a lesson learned.

Who says Murvul fans wont travel? How do you know, They NEVER travel!!!!:lol:

Murvul could play Grayson, Marietta , McEachern, or Rome High School About 3 hours a part.  Alcoa travels that far in state! Then, Alabama teams like Hoover,Thompson, or Center High School in Phenix City!

Step up big boy!!!:thumb: ESPN does cross state games every year! I'm sure they would sign up the state championship 6A team in TN! 

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Loudon County students can not pay tuition and go to Lenior City?  Probably, would not want to but it should be possible?

https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/personal/policy_tsba_net/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FLoudon County%2FMobile%2F6 Students%2F6206.pdf&parent=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FLoudon County%2FMobile%2F6 Students&originalPath=aHR0cHM6Ly90c2JhbmV0LW15LnNoYXJlcG9pbnQuY29tLzpiOi9nL3BlcnNvbmFsL3BvbGljeV90c2JhX25ldC9FVjZFZ2NrRGtWZERxSTd2bEZzN3pmMEJyWUtqaXpPMFUzaGhvRFd6VXc4bDBRP3J0aW1lPXVEQUxxQVVYMkVn

Students in Loudon Co may transfer within the system as long as they live in the county so that would make them open zone. So yes a student living in greenback can go to lenoir city and vice versa. However students outside of the county cannot attend a Loudon co school. I will post that policy in a moment. 

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

They don't have any choice but to play Heritage and William Blount.  Those are region games.  

They have played Alcoa forever, and over the past few years they have played Fulton annually, and they have had Catholic on the schedule up until last year.  They also have Farragut on the schedule non-region. Those aren't exactly cup cakes.  They played Oakland home and home in the regular season.  

It's not just as easy as "scheduling an out of state team".  I know for a fact that they have talked to a good number of out of state teams about playing.  Those teams have to agree to it, too, and travel costs and dates are a factor for both there.  Those games have to make financial sense.  

Perhaps other schools need to worry about getting themselves better instead of complaining about who the Maryvilles, Alcoas, Greenevilles, now Knoxville Central belongs in that group, etcs are or aren't playing non region.