Never too early....Who wins Class A 2020-21

gogold

On 5/7/2020 at 3:41 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

Oh my, You are absolutely nuts. Greenfield had a 20 pt better team this year than last year and Greenfield embarrased Clark Range at the state tournament last year. It could have been a 50 pt game if Greenfield had not called the dogs off

Anybody that kept up with girls basketball over the last 50 years will tell you The 2020 Gold Ball belonged to Greenfield. That could be the best team ever to come out of Class A. 

Now next year could be and should be Clark Range’s year but Loretto may have something to say about that. 

I'll agree to disagree. 08-09 Clarkrange team would beat 2020 Green Field (that's actually orange) by 50 in reverse, blindfolded, with the CoronaVirus.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, Richmond30 said:

It would have to be Huntland. They were undefeated in regular season district play and won district tournament before losing to Eagleville in region semifinals. They were much better before danley got hurt. Plus they have Riley back and 2 freshman that will make an impact. The only thing that hurts them is no true posts, but they have guards sitting on the bench that could start most places. If they can get Pickett or Clay co at home for substate, they have a shot to get to state. 

30 and eCU are exposing themselves......

On 9/7/2020 at 5:53 PM, pioneer42 said:

I hadn’t seen Cloudland play but I know they had some good wins as did North Green last year. Cloudland I think returns a bunch.

North Greene returns everyone and got a new transfer that is really good. Enrollment is down to about 340 so they will definitely be in Single A I would think. 

On 9/18/2020 at 12:06 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

Yea I remember that team. They were a good team but they didn’t have two 5 time Miss Basketballs that are playing for major college basketball teams now. Might be a close game but the Greenfield team is the best Class A team I have ever seen. 

Unfortunately this team will never have a chance to hoist the gold ball and that’s a shame especially after we have all now found out that this virus rarely affects kids and is not nearly as bad as the media let on. I never got a chance to watch them play outside of the one or two games I seen them at the state tournament. I have no doubt they were one of the elite teams in the history of Class A. The 08-09 Clarkrange team was the best Class A team I have seen. They dominated everyone and it wasn’t close. They didn’t have quite the star power in 2 players but they were very good at every position and they had a deep bench. It would have been a great game without a doubt. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 10:29 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Unfortunately this team will never have a chance to hoist the gold ball and that’s a shame especially after we have all now found out that this virus rarely affects kids and is not nearly as bad as the media let on. I never got a chance to watch them play outside of the one or two games I seen them at the state tournament. I have no doubt they were one of the elite teams in the history of Class A. The 08-09 Clarkrange team was the best Class A team I have seen. They dominated everyone and it wasn’t close. They didn’t have quite the star power in 2 players but they were very good at every position and they had a deep bench. It would have been a great game without a doubt. 

I would take the 08-09 Clarkrange team over the 19-20 Greenfield team and give up 12 points.  That Clarkrange team was by far the best single A team I have seen play. Deep with a capital D!

4 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Just a question, How many girls off that team played division 1 college ball?   

You know I am never going to get over this mess of us not playing ball this year. Clarkrange will have the bullseye on their back this year as will Summertown. I seen your girls play the other day. They are going to be tough again. Think you got a good freshman coming in that is pretty good. 

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

You know I am never going to get over this mess of us not playing ball this year. Clarkrange will have the bullseye on their back this year as will Summertown. I seen your girls play the other day. They are going to be tough again. Think you got a good freshman coming in that is pretty good. 

How's my young Fillies looking. I know you're watching.

9 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

How's my young Fillies looking. I know you're watching.

I haven’t seen them but I heard they are going to be pretty good. Think it will be the Wild West this year in West TN where anything can happen. I expect Summertown, Loretto, Huntingdon and McKenzie to fight it out. I expect GC, Greenfield, UC, Bradford, Gleason, Dresden and Peabody to battle it out. Covid Rules could forfeit some teams out if they don’t change the rules. Big mess right now.