COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

Statistically it’s very unlikely school age kids will get very sick or have long lasting repercussions that they know of. That’s just facts. Can a kid get sick and have severe consequences? Sure.

If we don’t have football it isn’t going to be the because of the kids. It’s about all the adults around the kids at home and the overall potential spread of the virus. That’s just the way it is.

I don’t have the answers. I know for some people they are steadfast in the fact that they know best and everyone with a different opinion is uninformed or ignorant. Personally, I want a season but I sure am glad I’m not the one making the call. There is a lot on the line, no matter the decision. 

5 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Well there is whether you guys want to accept that or not. I understand it affects older people a lot more.  Just try telling those kids parents that my statements arent true. I wouldnt dare say something on here or anywhere about something so serious if I didnt know for a fact it was true. Just get educated people. I just would hate to see even one kid this fall get this virus and something bad happen to them. 

They have been kids die from COVID. It don’t matter if they have a underlying condition they are a lot of diabetic kids that play sports along with other issues. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Well there is whether you guys want to accept that or not. I understand it affects older people a lot more.  Just try telling those kids parents that my statements arent true. I wouldnt dare say something on here or anywhere about something so serious if I didnt know for a fact it was true. Just get educated people. I just would hate to see even one kid this fall get this virus and something bad happen to them. 

We would all hate that. It's just very rare, and not worthy of shutting down life for. We would also hate if a kid dies this fall from suicide, homicide, car accident, drug overdose, alcohol-related accident, the flu, pneumonia, etc. Sadly, some will die this fall and actually a lot more will die from car accidents, suicides, and drugs based on the stats. We don't shut life down for those. Life is risky and it always will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Djohnson said:

They have been kids die from COVID. It don’t matter if they have a underlying condition they are a lot of diabetic kids that play sports along with other issues. 

Yes sir. I want a football season just as bad as anybody. I'm ready for football, I would just be skeptical about it just yet. That's all. Maybe next spring???

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

We would all hate that. It's just very rare, and not worthy of shutting down life for. We would also hate if a kid dies this fall from suicide, homicide, car accident, drug overdose, alcohol-related accident, the flu, pneumonia, etc. Sadly, some will die this fall and actually a lot more will die from car accidents, suicides, and drugs based on the stats. We don't shut life down for those. Life is risky and it always will be.

Yeah I can agree with that. I understand your point completely. 

5 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Yes sir. I want a football season just as bad as anybody. I'm ready for football, I would just be skeptical about it just yet. That's all. Maybe next spring???

I think they will do everything possible to get some sort of a season done in the fall for a wide variety of reasons. If chaos/panic/fear ensues and they do cancel the fall season completely, having a season in the spring would be very tough. First, it would be starting in the peak of the flu season (and second COVID wave for those that are panicked about that) and at the coldest time of the year in our state! Brutal. Second, it would eliminate many kids who play other spring sports and negatively affect those sports too. Third, we would lose many seniors who are ready to focus on heading to play in college. Lastly, it would be tough to have a full season in the spring of 2021 and follow that up with the normal fall schedule in 2021. Very tough turnaround.

4 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I think they will do everything possible to get some sort of a season done in the fall for a wide variety of reasons. If chaos/panic/fear ensues and they do cancel the fall season completely, having a season in the spring would be very tough. First, it would be starting in the peak of the flu season (and second COVID wave for those that are panicked about that) and at the coldest time of the year in our state! Brutal. Second, it would eliminate many kids who play other spring sports and negatively affect those sports too. Third, we would lose many seniors who are ready to focus on heading to play in college. Lastly, it would be tough to have a full season in the spring of 2021 and follow that up with the normal fall schedule in 2021. Very tough turnaround.

Idk I dont have the answers just throwing out suggestions. It's going to be tough regardless of when or if they play

1 hour ago, Djohnson said:

Don’t play those kids. That is who we protect!

• CoachT locked this topic