COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

11 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Why are they scared? Are they going to die or even be hospitalized? Please explain. Were there false positives and are some of these players asymptomatic? Explain your comments about fear.

We don't know what we don't know.  We don't know correctly the things we think know correctly.

2 hours ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Nearly 100K Children in US Test Positive in 2 Weeks

Since the coronavirus pandemic began, at least 338,982 children have been infected with COVID-19 in the US—and more than a quarter of those infections happened during a period of just two weeks.   A new report from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children's Hospital Association reveals that at least 97,000 US kids tested positive for the virus during the last two weeks of July. The actual numbers could be higher, because the report did not include complete data from Texas and New York.

https://www.newser.com/story/294721/nearly-100k-children-in-us-test-positive-in-2-weeks.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_top

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, by all means, let's rush them right back into crowded high school hallways so football won't be cancelled or postponed until spring.  That way all of us "Uncle Rico" types won't miss one fall of living vicariously through another generation of 17-year-olds.

And by the way, I woulda took state in '82.  

Your article states 45 kids in the US under age 15 have died from coronavirus. If at least 338,982 have had the virus then that gives us a death rate of 1 out of every 7,533 cases or 0.013%. I would wager not one of the 45 could pass a sports physical nor have any desire to play football.

Hopefully you know the flu and pneumonia death rate every year is much higher. Why don't we test everyone for that? 

I would be for all us Uncle Rico's not attending a single game if the kids are allowed to play. No one on this board is advocating for anything except what is best for the players. 

Edited by Salem
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Djohnson said:

Kids can just be carrier’s. If they cancel SEC and the power 5 conferences they are little hope for sports in high school.  We just need to focus on keeping kids in school not sports. Two weeks away from season being cancelled for HS. 

That is one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen on anything! Keep kids in schools but not sports?! What the #$@$??? The virus is so contagious and kids can be carriers, but they are good to go to school with other people but not good to play sports with other people?! Sure. Makes total sense. I think this is a prime example of people losing their minds and not even realizing what they are saying anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

Kids can just be carrier’s. If they cancel SEC and the power 5 conferences they are little hope for sports in high school.  We just need to focus on keeping kids in school not sports. Two weeks away from season being cancelled for HS. 

Have you ever played a down of football? How is game of football inherently more dangerous than a hallway or cafeteria full of kids? So outdoor practices and games have to be stopped immediately so we can do everything possible to keep kids together in enclosed buildings? Do you  remember the tragic flu outbreak during the 2014 high football season? 

57 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

That is one of the dumbest takes I've ever seen on anything! Keep kids in schools but not sports?! What the #$@$??? The virus is so contagious and kids can be carriers, but they are good to go to school with other people but not good to play sports with other people?! Sure. Makes total sense. I think this is a prime example of people losing their minds and not even realizing what they are saying anymore.

They can keep kids away from each other in school a lot better than they can swapping sweat on each tackle.  Or a stadium full of fans not following rules. Kids need to learn online or in class. Football can wait till this covid crap is over. You will see in two weeks. 

8 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Good news for now

The TSSAA lost the Spring Fling revenue so no matter what, they will do everything they can do to salvage their revenue, whoops, I mean salvage these young athletes high school season.  Since all programs will be affected financially because of limited attendance, the TSSAA should raise tickets costs 4 or 5 times their current face value.  After all, it's for the kids, right?

20 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

The TSSAA lost the Spring Fling revenue so no matter what, they will do everything they can do to salvage their revenue, whoops, I mean salvage these young athletes high school season.  Since all programs will be affected financially because of limited attendance, the TSSAA should raise tickets costs 4 or 5 times their current face value.  After all, it's for the kids, right?

I was told don’t know if true that TSSAA don’t make any thing until playoffs in football.

• CoachT locked this topic