COVID-19 2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON

18 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

What is the difference between a person wanting to do all they can to be safe and a Conspiracy Addict grabbing on to any reason to ignore the Medical facts of the virus and 160,000 deaths???  Conspiracy theories are fake news. The other group is just trying to do the best they can to stay alive. Call them scared, cowards or any name you like but alive is the name they are going for.

There are only opinions in this post. I don't care if you don't like them. When the death toll just keeps rising, stop calling other people names and come to the bright side. We will welcome you with social distancing, hand santi., common sense, gloves (opt), and a non-political mask. If in Oak Ridge, TN, go to the Oak Ridge Pharmacy and buy either of two different masks for adults and kids.

Also, people with virus concerns are not anti-sports. I want with all my heart for Oak Ridge to play a full season. The players have GRINDED like never before and have put themselves in a great position for a playoff run. These Wildcats are not my children and if their parents say it is okay to play then let them play. My medical history is such it is too dangerous to attend the games. Lucky for me, a lot of ORHS games are on TV or streaming and the Boosters have a lot of Wildcat Merch for sale online. I live in Chattanooga but have already ordered a t shirt, sweatshirt, two masks, one yard sign and my Booster Membership. The name in the program will be WillieTheWildcat.

Okay, I am done.  Good luck to all the players. May they stay health and safe. RWR! 

I appreciate each and every sentiment Willie, and totally understand your position. On the other hand, I wish you'd understand that the world has stood still about as long as we can afford. Thousands of our school aged youth have been without structure, without discipline, without meals, and without being surrounded by people who care for approaching half a year, and some just can't afford that. I'm not going to throw numbers around to make my point, but they're there, and they're publicized by people with non-political agenda's if you care to look. Why can't you just stay home and take care of yourself without advocating that those who would choose to take the risk have to stay at home because you need to? 

I hope that you don't view my post as callous or selfish, as I genuinely do understand your position... I just wish you would attempt to understand "the other group's".

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I appreciate each and every sentiment Willie, and totally understand your position. On the other hand, I wish you'd understand that the world has stood still about as long as we can afford. Thousands of our school aged youth have been without structure, without discipline, without meals, and without being surrounded by people who care for approaching half a year, and some just can't afford that. I'm not going to throw numbers around to make my point, but they're there, and they're publicized by people with non-political agenda's if you care to look. Why can't you just stay home and take care of yourself without advocating that those who would choose to take the risk have to stay at home because you need to? 

I hope that you don't view my post as callous or selfish, as I genuinely do understand your position... I just wish you would attempt to understand "the other group's".

Thank you for the respectful response to my opinion post, tradertwo. As a former teacher I understand the importance of kids getting back to school. Unfortunately, some School Systems are sending kids in with little safeguards. In my opinion the Oak Ridge Schools system are trying to do the what is best for the kids.

I tried in my post to say I was okay with the football season going the full distance. I know a few parents who are all in with their kids playing I would never stand in their way of their kids playing GRINDING Warrior Wildcat football.

Please, know I don't think you are callous or selfish.. You are cool in my book.

6 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Thank you for the respectful response to my opinion post, tradertwo. As a former teacher I understand the importance of kids getting back to school. Unfortunately, some School Systems are sending kids in with little safeguards. In my opinion the Oak Ridge Schools system are trying to do the what is best for the kids.

I tried in my post to say I was okay with the football season going the full distance. I know a few parents who are all in with their kids playing I would never stand in their way of their kids playing GRINDING Warrior Wildcat football.

Please, know I don't think you are callous or selfish.. You are cool in my book.

Thank you both for the thoughtful and civil discourse.   It can be done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

If people had worn masks and stayed home and socially distanced whenever they left the house we would have college football this year.  Some of us made those sacrifices. Others said the virus was fake news and ignored scientists. Those people are why we are still in this mess.  Thanks a bunch, RWNJs.   Enjoy your klandemic up in Sturgis.

8 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

If people had worn masks and stayed home and socially distanced whenever they left the house we would have college football this year.  Some of us made those sacrifices. Others said the virus was fake news and ignored scientists. Those people are why we are still in this mess.  Thanks a bunch, RWNJs.   Enjoy your klandemic up in Sturgis.

Thanks Karen! Not sure even one person on here has said the virus was fake news, so that in itself is fake news coming from you. Glad you have all the answers and you sacrificed more than everyone else. Where were you in March when all the scientists were saying no masks were needed? I assume you are staying at home nonstop and staying away from people all the time, so that's good on your part. How's the mask thing working out? You can't have it both ways. Are the masks working or are things just awful and badly contagious right now? Seems to me like we are getting more and more cases with all the mask mandates everywhere, and everyone seems to be following those orders from what I can see.

19 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Hopefully you are just trolling with that asinine post but if it's serious, your virtue signaling is recognized and applauded! Thank you for your sacrifice. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Most of the MASK vs. NO-MASK arguments are based on theoretical assertions, but if you are willing to engage in an empirical experiment then try this:

1.   Put on your mask
2.   Generate a smell, i.e., spray perfume, bake some brownies, etc. whatever
3.   Can you smell it?
4.   YES!!    How??   The scent molecules permeated your mask, were inhaled into your nostrils, interacted with the super sensitive scent receptor cells in your nasal passages, parsed into the constituent parts and sent to the brain for analysis, thereby giving the sensation of smell.

QUESTION:    If your mask failed to prevent the scent molecules from being breathed in then how is that same mask going to stop a 10 nanometer virus cell?

We patiently await your answer based on logic and reason.....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Most of the MASK vs. NO-MASK arguments are based on theoretical assertions, but if you are willing to engage in an empirical experiment then try this:

1.   Put on your mask
2.   Generate a smell, i.e., spray perfume, bake some brownies, etc. whatever
3.   Can you smell it?
4.   YES!!    How??   The scent molecules permeated your mask, were inhaled into your nostrils, interacted with the super sensitive scent receptor cells in your nasal passages, parsed into the constituent parts and sent to the brain for analysis, thereby giving the sensation of smell.

QUESTION:    If your mask failed to prevent the scent molecules from being breathed in then how is that same mask going to stop a 10 nanometer virus cell?

We patiently await your answer based on logic and reason.....

It's not a valid argument for me anymore too many businesses and Offices being shut down when they were mandatory mask requirements in these places and they're still Contracting this virus.. Just doesn't hold water if you know what I mean, LOL.

Just a thought I would like to see some true facts on how many people that wore masks got the Cover-19 as opposed to how many people that did not wear a mask got the Cover-19. Pretty simple but awfully hard to come up with.

We wear a mask but my  wife had a liver transplant and her meds cause her to not have a adequate immune system for normal life let alone during this mess!   

WILDCAT PRIDE

• Upvote 1

Scientists have proven that CORRECT masks reduce a wearer’s contagiousness by at least 50%.  Hanging a bandanna in front of your face or having any type of mask only half-a55ed covering your mouth and nose is no help.  

In an editorial published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), CDC reviewed the latest science and affirms that cloth face coverings are a critical tool in the fight against COVID-19 that could reduce the spread of the disease, particularly when used universally within communities. There is increasing evidence that cloth face coverings help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.

“We are not defenseless against COVID-19,” said CDC Director Dr. Robert R. Redfield. “Cloth face coverings are one of the most powerful weapons we have to slow and stop the spread of the virus – particularly when used universally within a community setting. All Americans have a responsibility to protect themselves, their families, and their communities.”

I'll have to go with the CDC Director over some Uncle Rico on a sports forum who is afraid of missing one fall of high school ball because he still has a complex over how he "woulda took state back in '82" or because he is mad that his racist "president" is about to be non-retained.

6 minutes ago, nrgrizzlies said:

Scientists have proven that CORRECT masks reduce a wearer’s contagiousness by at least 50%.  Hanging a bandanna in front of your face or having any type of mask only half-a55ed covering your mouth and nose is no help.  

In an editorial published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), CDC reviewed the latest science and affirms that cloth face coverings are a critical tool in the fight against COVID-19 that could reduce the spread of the disease, particularly when used universally within communities. There is increasing evidence that cloth face coverings help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.

“We are not defenseless against COVID-19,” said CDC Director Dr. Robert R. Redfield. “Cloth face coverings are one of the most powerful weapons we have to slow and stop the spread of the virus – particularly when used universally within a community setting. All Americans have a responsibility to protect themselves, their families, and their communities.”

I'll have to go with the CDC Director over some Uncle Rico on a sports forum who is afraid of missing one fall of high school ball because he still has a complex over how he "woulda took state back in '82" or because he is mad that his racist "president" is about to be non-retained.

You cannot answer my previous question about how the mask prevents a 10 nanometer virus cell but yet allows scent molecules to pass through.

Highly breathable nanocellulose material that can remove particles smaller than 100 nanometers, the size of viruses, has been developed and put into use.  Is your google broken?  Or just too lazy to look it up on your own?  Or did limbaugh and the OAN channel forget to mention it between their conspiracy theory BS?  How is "doctor" Phil doing with his 400,000 Americans drown in pools yearly crappola he spouted on fox "news" - ?

Edited by nrgrizzlies

• CoachT locked this topic