Is it just me, or is football down

1OldPatriot

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Only allowing 4.2 points per game. 

Marivul is without a doubt a top notch team in 6a, but what he is saying, they are lacking a little of that swagger to go with the toughness. This Marivul team isn't made to score 35 points to beat a team that can score with them. Whether they hold them down to 20 points and its a tight game in the 4th, marivul isn't digging themselves out of a hole like in the past, besides the Alcoa game, Alcoa pretty much shot themselves in the foot time after time and props to Marivul for digging deep and keeping the county seat

15 minutes ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Marivul is without a doubt a top notch team in 6a, but what he is saying, they are lacking a little of that swagger to go with the toughness. This Marivul team isn't made to score 35 points to beat a team that can score with them. Whether they hold them down to 20 points and its a tight game in the 4th, marivul isn't digging themselves out of a hole like in the past, besides the Alcoa game, Alcoa pretty much shot themselves in the foot time after time and props to Marivul for digging deep and keeping the county seat

Name the last team to beat Maryville in a shootout. Maryville doesn't put themselves in a hole, your just looking for something  that isn't there

1 hour ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Do you know how many kids that Maryville lost to graduation last year?   Not only the number they lost but the caliber of players they lost, many of those kids are now playing on Saturday....then factor in not having spring practice.  Those kids and coaches have done a remarkable job to be sitting here undefeated right now, IMO.  Their defense is a little ahead of the offense right now, but the offense will continue to improve as they get more reps under their belt and I would bet they are clicking on all cylinders come playoff time.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, moparman said:

Cherokee cancelled against Crockett. I hope teams that aren't competitive at all don't start canceling and hanging it up early since they have a built in excuse this year.

I think it’s already happening across the state. More and more mismatches are being canceled. It’s sad that administrations are using the built in excuse to hurt the kids and coaches.

13 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Only allowing 4.2 points per game. 

True but they arent scoring like they normally do. 28 points to Bearden when Mcminn and DB both scored over 40 on them. Dont get me wrong, Maryville is gonna most likely mop the floor with either one of those teams. When he said Yall arent as impressive as normal I think that it just means this year Yall would get beat by UT when normally you would kill them. LOL