Week 11 -- Alcoa at D-B (Rivalry Thursday)

TribalEmpire

An observation from a lifelong Alcoa fan about DB.  Y'all ALWAYS play us tough and have some of the best players and fans in the state.  Much respect and appreciation to your fans and your program.  That being said I think your coaches overthink this game every year.  They try to be clever with clock management instead of just letting your players go out and play the game.  Trying to keep the ball in your offenses hands by milking the play clock down to 1 second hasn't worked.  Saving timeouts and not giving your TREMENDOUS athletes a breather hasn't worked.  Alcoa always has great teams and are hard to handle, but I feel like y'all are RIGHT THERE if your coaches would just trust in their athletes.  My humble opinion.  I will always be glad for an Alcoa "W", don't get me wrong.  Just know y'all got our respect and we see the talent.  Look forward to seeing y'all next year @ Goddard.  

Edited by twistedtornado

10 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Where’s my buddy Waco?

Here I is. Game was about 20 points closer than I thought it would be. At first glance it looks like DB had a chance but the closer you look, not so much. Poor play calling at critical times took away any chance DB had. Not sure what has happened but something has. It started last week. They move the ball down field to the 20 then get all stupid with the play calling. At least they didn't try any field goals so they've learned something. But also we all know if DB had scored and closed within 6 points all Alcoa had to do was pop a couple passes down field and score again. It's a shame that we have some parts of the team that I think could go toe to toe with anybody including Maryville and parts of the team that couldn't compete against a middle school team. 

• Upvote 1