West Tennessee Semifinal: Lexington at Haywood

stacmot

3 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I think both are even on defense, i honestly think it’ll come down to field position and who turns the ball over 

I like our chances practice today was very intense. If we take care of the ball we should be okay. We are battle tested and have a lot of weapons. Defense has been playing great. GO TOMCATS!!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Lexington is by far the favorite in this game, Haywood was written off since starting 0-2 with losses HC and Covington. They have something to prove. I’m excited to see the match up. Both teams are physically strong, i like our defensively to us there quickness along with their size in this match up

Even one of the guys at our own radio station picked Hardin Co. and Haywood to be in this game. I can promise you that there wasn't many people outside of the 38351 that thought Lexington would be here. Most people had Springfield, Hardin Co. or Haywood picked to be in Cookeville.

6 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

We match they’re size they’re average size of Lexington i would take a wild guess off about 6 ft 280-320. Our oline average height is 6’2 between 270-300. Pretty even across the board. Our WRs will have a height advantage. We average 6’3 at WR this year

We lost a 3 year starter on the line.  Y'all have an impressive line. When 92 comes out of the backfield to block someone, there is nothing you can do about it. He's moving somebody.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JMorton said:

Will either of these teams have anything for Elizabethton or Nolensville? 

I think it would be presumptuous of us to chat about that at this point.  Haywood and Lexington are going to have a cat fight on their hands this Friday night and they need to be focused on each other.

• Like 2

Lexington is used to being the underdog - I think they will feed off of that mentality.  Haywood may have a line equal in stature but size does not always equvolate to strength.  Lexington's line is very strong physically.  Haywood may very well win the game and may do so convincingly but lexington is used to being the underdog as they were in both Hardin County games.  You never know what may happen in a game to determine the outcome but those on here saying the semifinals are a different game are wrong about the pressure getting to the Lexington team.  These boys have been in pressure situatuions in sports for years.  As a fan of Lexington I like the undog role - either way I am expecting a competetive game between two good teams..

29 minutes ago, ramblingwreck said:

Lexington is used to being the underdog - I think they will feed off of that mentality.  Haywood may have a line equal in stature but size does not always equvolate to strength.  Lexington's line is very strong physically.  Haywood may very well win the game and may do so convincingly but lexington is used to being the underdog as they were in both Hardin County games.  You never know what may happen in a game to determine the outcome but those on here saying the semifinals are a different game are wrong about the pressure getting to the Lexington team.  These boys have been in pressure situatuions in sports for years.  As a fan of Lexington I like the undog role - either way I am expecting a competetive game between two good teams..

You’ve posted this like 4 times....

• Like 2