Littull Fellurs vs. Okelund

STARSNBARS

5 hours ago, BroadwayBarberShop said:

FBE, the parents had the link to buy tickets on MONDAY.

If they didn't get one, it is because they didn't make it a priority.

They were made readily available, and Oakland shouldn't have to distribute them evenly...MHS didn't do that all year. Just ask Alcoee.

Not this parent. MHS pointing fingers elsewhere as to why the kids parents didn’t get a ticket is laughable. I’m sure they’ll have no problem reaching me when they need to sell some rebel cards or pages in the program.

Edited by strongx

4 hours ago, TomLHS said:

Let me clear up any misperception.  I saw it on film, I was not in attendance.  The official that you reference is either mistaken, or he does not know the rules.

I'll admit that I thought it was a penalty too when I first saw it , the Player just stood up , he didn't go back and forth like you said , believe me I've seen it more than you have  ... but at least 3 Officials told me afterwards that since he was a Back , he could have went in motion ... so he could actually move . It's sad that you let your anger towards a team of high school kids effect you years later . Even if it had been a penalty our kicker had plenty of leg . Like Red Rebels referred to , Maryville lost a State Championship on a very questionable call ... I couldn't imagine holding that against Whitehaven , those boys played their tails off to win that game just like we did . Since you say you have nothing to do with either team , why don't you just enjoy the game without trying to diminish the accomplishments of High School kids ? 

7 minutes ago, pepvol said:

I'll admit that I thought it was a penalty too when I first saw it , the Player just stood up , he didn't go back and forth like you said , believe me I've seen it more than you have  ... but at least 3 Officials told me afterwards that since he was a Back , he could have went in motion ... so he could actually move . It's sad that you let your anger towards a team of high school kids effect you years later . Even if it had been a penalty our kicker had plenty of leg . Like Red Rebels referred to , Maryville lost a State Championship on a very questionable call ... I couldn't imagine holding that against Whitehaven , those boys played their tails off to win that game just like we did . Since you say you have nothing to do with either team , why don't you just enjoy the game without trying to diminish the accomplishments of High School kids ? 

I was at that Whitehaven game, you guys got rooked

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pepvol said:

Not attempting to take anything away from Maryville, they are a bunch of gutsy young men.  My issue is with when a mistake is made, the adults need to be confident  enough to call it.  I am not a novice at this game, I have played both high school and college football.  The young man moved forward prior to the snapping of the ball......PERIOD!!! As for your kicker’s ability to kick it through the uprights from an additional 5 yards further back, I don’t doubt he could.

On 11/21/2020 at 12:22 AM, Thund3rStruck said:

This will be to decide state champ for 6A and for good reason. Dont know much about Oakland,But looked at some stats and some game highlights. I do however know alot more about Maryville,And have seen them play 4 times this yr. And Maryville has no quit in them.They keep coming and coming and makes the other team pay for thier mistakes. Last week's game vs DB did two things I think. One give the tribe alot of confidence going into the offseason. And the other thing is set Maryville up for this game,and that's not good for Oakland. So I'll say Maryville 24-13

On 11/21/2020 at 12:22 AM, Thund3rStruck said:

Not many people like you, if you hadn't "told" the whole world how to beat DB then maybe as a fan you would have kept your mouth shut instead of being a sore loser and that 35 to 28 could have been the opposite way. Oh DB sucks in this aspect of the game, Marivul line up in the shot gun and empty set dont worry about running and you can beat us. Who needs to watch game film when they have Waco telling them what to do ahead of time 

I can’t tell if your kidding?

Never thought we would get to this point of the season with covid  and all the issues it's caused but here we are. A lot of people say we're playing because of the the financial bath it would cause but to me when you limit ticket sales just like this game my calculator in my head says 1,200 x ten equal $12,000. T$$AA gets half and both teams split the rest. Just the initial cost of this game would seem to me that it wouldn't leave enough money in the register to send the Tiddlywinks Team across town and that would be if they rode their ten speed bikes to get there. Maybe it's that common core math their using to figure all this out with. Anyway's I'm very glad we're playing and look forward to a great football game and congrats to the team for making this another Thanksgiving Practic Day.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Never thought we would get to this point of the season with covid  and all the issues it's caused but here we are. A lot of people say we're playing because of the the financial bath it would cause but to me when you limit ticket sales just like this game my calculator in my head says 1,200 x ten equal $12,000. T$$AA gets half and both teams split the rest. Just the initial cost of this game would seem to me that it wouldn't leave enough money in the register to send the Tiddlywinks Team across town and that would be if they rode their ten speed bikes to get there. Maybe it's that common core math their using to figure all this out with. Anyway's I'm very glad we're playing and look forward to a great football game and congrats to the team for making this another Thanksgiving Practic Day.

So to calculate TSSAA's cut, take the $6,000 per game x 12 (6 divisions x 2 games) = $72,000 for the weekend  Yes, everyone's profits, will be down however for TSSAA better than a poke in the eye.