Top Rivalries in TN

Bump11

I saw the post for top stadiums and it made me think, what other “the best” lists would be fun...Rivalries! I’m not gonna make a big list,  and i’m talking solely current rivalries, but i’m extremely curious to hear everyone’s thoughts. one i will throw out, and i’m a bit biased, but i think Beech/Hendersonville is still one of the elite rivalries in the state. i’ve been to probably 15 BHS/HHS games and it’s definitely an experience! 

South Pittsburgh vs Marion County ( Jasper ). Great teams and many great players from both schools. I always root for South Pitt because that is where the National Cornbread Festival is held. YUM YUM.

I can't think of a rivalry for Oak Ridge that would match South Pitt vs Marion. Clinton can't compete, Farragut is not worth the effort of getting fired up for and Kingsport DB is a Band School not a football school. :popcorneater:

Two schools that could become heated rivalries for VictORy City are Anderson County and Powell..

There is some good rivalries in TN. Some that come to mind is

McCallie vs Baylor 

Maryville vs Alcoa 

MBA vs Brentwood Academy 

South Pitt vs Marion 

Cleveland vs Bradley

McMinn Co vs Bradley (one of the oldest rivalries in the state)

Greeneville vs Anderson Co (playoff rivalry) 

Bledsoe vs Sequatchie Co

Edited by Rhea Co.

25 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

There is some good rivalries in TN. Some that come to mind is

McCallie vs Baylor 

Maryville vs Alcoa 

MBA vs Brentwood Academy 

South Pitt vs Marion 

Cleveland vs Bradley

McMinn Co vs Bradley (one of the oldest rivalries in the state)

Greeneville vs Anderson Co (playoff rivalry) 

Bledsoe vs Sequatchie Co

I wouldn't call Greeneville and AC a Rivalry since that would mean AC would have had to beat Greeneville in the Play-offs.  Last time they beat us in the playoffs was 1995 and 2005 in the Regular Season.  Greeneville has won 7 straight against AC.

Greeneville's Rival is Betsy, Has been and always will be.  Two Similar Communities that played a class up for years before staying where the TSSAA placed them.  These Schools have played 77 times dating back to 1924.  Both teams have played every year besides during Wars and then in 2007 when Betsy Dropped Greeneville Last Minute and left them scrambling to find a game (Mercer County KY the previous state KY champs the year before).  Betsy holds a 42-33-2 record against the Greene Devils.  Since 2000 Betsy is only 6-12 against the Devil's but have won the last 4 meetings on their way to back to back state Championships

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, MLREB said:

Battle Branch (Rocky Branch) Braves vs the Parham Hill Packrats. It is actually the Dockery's, Titlows, and Nuchols versus the Davis's and the Myers. 

Eyevundail vs. evurbodee........Tha Perm Hil boys wuz tuff tho......Speekin' ov rivullrees eye taked momma two Lowe's fer sum XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL chiller killers fer Christmas and haid seen thait one ov Allin-Wick's biggust rivulls haid been teared down.......RIP out thair two Bungylow and all tha Jets.....:cry:

4 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Eyevundail vs. evurbodee........Tha Perm Hil boys wuz tuff tho......Speekin' ov rivullrees eye taked momma two Lowe's fer sum XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL chiller killers fer Christmas and haid seen thait one ov Allin-Wick's biggust rivulls haid been teared down.......RIP out thair two Bungylow and all tha Jets.....:cry:

GOVMAN was a Jet.