2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

Right thing to do, wrong way to do it. Lots more to the story than is being reported. Kid's eligibility will be restored IMO. Time will tell. 

If there are other confirmed wrongdoings within our program, then we deal with the punishment. 

To all the accusers out there, it's a double-edged sword.

5 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You know I have mix d feelings about this. I agree that it is always good to help a family in need. However it is common sense to most anyone that follows high school sports that you can’t go pay bills for kids on your team. Lots of other avenues could have been taken to help pay the bill that did not involve the school or booster club. Pretty stupid on someone’s part. 

I agree with you. If someone was being evicted (which I'm not sure how with an eviction moratorium) as a community it's always good to help. But saying that, we have had one of our kids parents approached about transferring down and he was told "they would take care of their own. If you need a bill paid or groceries bought we have your back." So that tells me this is not an isolated event.

It wasn't a coach. It was a qb club member.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You know I have mix d feelings about this. I agree that it is always good to help a family in need. However it is common sense to most anyone that follows high school sports that you can’t go pay bills for kids on your team. Lots of other avenues could have been taken to help pay the bill that did not involve the school or booster club. Pretty stupid on someone’s part. 

Well help my time BPM. Yous done gone and said a HEEP Old Pirate can give a thumbs up to. Ole Professor Beene way back when us fellers mostly played with a single bar, quarterback club was a NO NO @ SP. Coach Beene, a former Vol did not allow this mess. He always said them folkes cause a HEEP of trouble thinking theys a ruling bunch. It werent fer back this quarterback mess started @ SP. Figure theys been a right helpful with upgrades and sitch. But this here mess causes a HEEP of problem with perception. Folkes say this club is solely fan based and is solely to help all football programs in SP. Does you think buying pizza fer them little earholed going to have that Childress man calling The Captain again? 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

Right thing to do, wrong way to do it. Lots more to the story than is being reported. Kid's eligibility will be restored IMO. Time will tell. 

If there are other confirmed wrongdoings within our program, then we deal with the punishment. 

To all the accusers out there, it's a double-edged sword.

Good post and this was my thought when some where making accusations about us.If you do wrong you deserve the punishment even if it hurts my own team.

4 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Well help my time BPM. Yous done gone and said a HEEP Old Pirate can give a thumbs up to. Ole Professor Beene way back when us fellers mostly played with a single bar, quarterback club was a NO NO @ SP. Coach Beene, a former Vol did not allow this mess. He always said them folkes cause a HEEP of trouble thinking theys a ruling bunch. It werent fer back this quarterback mess started @ SP. Figure theys been a right helpful with upgrades and sitch. But this here mess causes a HEEP of problem with perception. Folkes say this club is solely fan based and is solely to help all football programs in SP. Does you think buying pizza fer them little earholed going to have that Childress man calling The Captain again? 

Buying pizza and paying rent to maintain residency are not even remotely the same. Your reaching. This would be a good time to say, “ We did something really stupid and should have known better.  We deserve what we get.”  And leave it at that. 

Some of you boys speak a little more freely than other on this site, so I am curious.  I am assuming the Pirate faithful didn't turn their self in, maybe its already been stated but how did the TSSAA even find out about this little oversight by this good Samaritan within the Booster Club out doing a nobleman's work for those less fortunate?  How would anyone outside the program have known about this incident to go use it again them in the first place?  Kinda makes you wonder who within the program may not be pulling the rope the same direction.