South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

21 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I don’t know how that works. I would assume they can continue their off season workouts. 

The news paper said the number of spring practice days were reduced and one less scrimmage in the fall.  But im sure if I read that wrong there will be a know it all waiting to correct me

22 minutes ago, beerman said:

The news paper said the number of spring practice days were reduced and one less scrimmage in the fall.  But im sure if I read that wrong there will be a know it all waiting to correct me

Spring scrimmages were affected also.So no spring scrimmages,Spring 5 total practice days in 10.Instead of 12 in 15.no 7 on 7's.Fall scrimmages from 4 to 2.

I'm not a know it all but I did read the paper.LOL.Just posting facts that you had a little confused.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, beerman said:

Honestly,with the talent you have returning and your schedule I dont think this will hurt much at all other than the new coach coming in.Great talent can overcome coaching sometimes and YOU ALL know that more than anyone.In 1 A you all wont breathe hard till Cookeville or Chatt the other teams that usually challenge are probably a year away.

Edited by orngnblk

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Unimaginable 

Think about this, the person shared the messages did wrong but the person who posted them on social media really did wrong. If I’m the school I think I would have talk with whomever runs the Facebook page. How can Waggoner if not hired as head coach stay as an assistant ? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Think about this, the person shared the messages did wrong but the person who posted them on social media really did wrong. If I’m the school I think I would have talk with whomever runs the Facebook page. How can Waggoner if not hired as head coach stay as an assistant ? 

Whether or not he intended it for the public, it looks like he put that out there from the beginning with the "if the job is posted..." comment. Probably not an option now... even if the incoming coach would consider keeping him, there's the matter of the public, the board, and the DOS accepting him back. Lesson for everyone (especially the kids)... there are no secrets kept on social media.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I agree that person shouldn’t have put it on social media. Not sure the school has a bone with it cause it was not an official school page. But I would be upset if I was the administrator none the less. 

6 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Whether or not he intended it for the public, it looks like he put that out there from the beginning with the "if the job is posted..." comment. Probably not an option now... even if the incoming coach would consider keeping him, there's the matter of the public, the board, and the DOS accepting him back. Lesson for everyone (especially the kids)... there are no secrets kept on social media.

It was a text message to someone whom he probably thought wouldn’t run their mouth. Someone took screenshots then shared it. I wouldn’t say texting a friend is putting something out there 

Edited by Tide21
  • Upvote 1

There are some on those social media pages that personally I never see at the games.  Some just like to argue over anything.  It reminds me of many UT fans since Fulmer was ousted.  It shouldn’t be about the coach.  It should be about the kids.  Coach Waggoner loves all those kids.  There’s no doubt about that, but you just don’t say or joke around about taking kids to a rival, especially for us you never say North Jackson or Jasper.  He shared that with someone he trusted and either they were setting him up, or they took it highly offensive to say you’d take kids to Jasper.  Any faithful fan of their school would take offense to it, especially if a rival like someone said on here.  I for one was shocked and disappointed.  None of us really know who all applied for the job, but just from rumors there are multiple candidates from several levels.  It’s a difficult decision by the principal because he’s got to find someone who can mentor, teach, and coach.  There’s also the long term factor.  Is it someone who will only be around 5 years or 10 years.  It is rare to find coaches like Vic Grider and the late Don Grider who give 25-30 years to one program.  So, regardless of resumes, it’s a tough decision and I wouldn’t want to do it.  Especially not with some of our fan base as of late.  You’d think they were politicking for the POTUS.  If you call yourself a #P4L, then act like one.  

• Upvote 1