Haywood Tomcats

802Tomcat

Back to topic, I mentioned in the Region 7-4A thread that we're going to find out how good Region 8-4A is really early. Honestly, we're going to find out how good Crockett County and Lexington is as well. The Cavaliers were able had Covid last year and didn't play Haywood. The Cavaliers did not play good football when they returned to action last year. Lexington appeared to lose some pieces off of last years team. 

Hardin County fans are going to look into Lexington game against Haywood for measuring purposes to see how they're going to stack up with the Tigers. 

North Side and South Gibson are going to look into that Haywood/Crockett game for one reason. If the Indians defeat South Gibson, then basically South Gibson/Crockett in week 11 is an elimination game. I know a lot of people is slotting South Gibson into the top-3 and putting Crockett County/North Side into 4/5. I'm not necessarily believing that will be the case. I don't know what offense Obion Central will run this season, but North Side is going to play 5 teams that has a Wing-T type offense. The Indians are flying under the radar this district because I don't think anybody knows what to expect out of them. They didn't lose a lot of players, but they did lose at least two coaches in Ryan Scott (JCM) and Teddy Pettigrew (Humboldt).

Haywood fans, please keep in mind that our opponents are rapidly collecting bulletin board material.

7 on 7 competition can be helpful, but the results are not a reliable indicator of how good a team will be.  Preseason scrimmages can be misleading as well.

Last year, 7-3A was stronger than 7-4A.  Actually, that has been the case over the past several years.

For reasons stated in previous posts, I will have to say that at this point Milan is, and should be, the favorite to win the region. 

It's not all Haywood, Milan, and SGC.  Crockett County, North Side, and Obion Central will definitely have their say.

BPM is sandbagging, and he is doing it in a big time way!

I think that middle school games, and JV games are a good indicator of what the varsity team has coming. No, it does not count transfers, or " MadeinCity " players that did not goto middle school there. Saying they do not matter is not fair to the kids that are playing in those games. They do matter. They mean the world to them at the time. 

3 hours ago, stacmot said:

Haywood fans, please keep in mind that our opponents are rapidly collecting bulletin board material.

7 on 7 competition can be helpful, but the results are not a reliable indicator of how good a team will be.  Preseason scrimmages can be misleading as well.

Last year, 7-3A was stronger than 7-4A.  Actually, that has been the case over the past several years.

For reasons stated in previous posts, I will have to say that at this point Milan is, and should be, the favorite to win the region. 

It's not all Haywood, Milan, and SGC.  Crockett County, North Side, and Obion Central will definitely have their say.

BPM is sandbagging, and he is doing it in a big time way!

100%  7-3a was clearly stronger than 7-4a last few years. Crockett and Northside will have their say for sure. Obion Central.... That is a hard dock to fish... Do not want to say they can not win some games or make some noise, but they have so many hurdles to jump. 

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Obion Central.... That is a hard dock to fish... Do not want to say they can not win some games or make some noise, but they have so many hurdles to jump. 

I know that Obion Central has a lot of hurdles to jump, but I didn't want to disrespect the Rebs by not mentioning them.  I really don't have any idea what is going on in Troy right now.  However, I do know that OCC kids, like thousands of others across the United States, love the sport and they are putting in a lot of work.  Just as you said about middle school players in a previous post, they matter.  Rather than ignore the Rebs, I just wanted to give them some respect and recognition and let them know they do matter.

Edited by stacmot
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stacmot said:

I know that Obion Central has a lot of hurdles to jump, but I didn't want to disrespect the Rebs by not mentioning them.  I really don't have any idea what is going on in Troy right now.  However, I do know that OCC kids, like thousands of others across the United States, love the sport and they are putting in a lot of work.  Just as you said about middle school players in a previous post, they matter.  Rather than ignore the Rebs, I just wanted to give them some respect and recognition and let them know they do matter.

Very respectable post 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stacmot said:

Great post ! The Rebs play hard ! Their offense can catch you off guard if your aren’t used to as well ! Those men don’t quit ! Great Post Man 

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2021 at 2:41 PM, stacmot said:

I agree. Great post. 

• Thanks 1