WEEK 1: Powell vs Anderson County

keepitmoving

11 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Serious question. If you know illegal things (your words) are going on at certain schools why have you not turned them in to the tssaa??

I’m just making a point to say Powell isn’t the only school pulling shady crap, but they are definitely the most blatant about it. To answer your question, I’m just waiting til I have the proper documentation or evidence. I also have a real job but when I do have said material you’ll be one of the first to know :thumb:

2 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I’m just making a point to say Powell isn’t the only school pulling shady crap, but they are definitely the most blatant about it. To answer your question, I’m just waiting til I have the proper documentation or evidence. I also have a real job but when I do have said material you’ll be one of the first to know :thumb:

So in other words your accusing kids coaches and parents of wrong doing with no proof. Gotcha. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So in other words your accusing kids coaches and parents of wrong doing with no proof. Gotcha. 

Let’s just say letters in black and white go further than verbally. Btw, haven’t accused any parents of anything last I checked. I’m definitely accusing Josh Jones of masterminding all this illegal recruiting and Lowe going along with it. And even tho it was slid under the rug, I do have a problem with the two WRs being caught with Marijuana at school before last school year ended and not being dismissed. I’m not gonna keep arguing with all y’all, I know I’m telling the truth. I guess there’s some on here that like to turn a blind eye on wrongdoings. Not me, done discussing these topics……For now. Powell-31 AC-21

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Kind of an unwritten rule to not turn in other schools because the skeletons in your own closet. The fact that Powell’s recruited for 30 years and folks are just now getting mad. Or just now hearing about it thinking it’s new. Keeping the theme of the thread, Coach Gillium was at Powell as a Freshman under Duncan before transferring back to AC. 

47 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Kind of an unwritten rule to not turn in other schools because the skeletons in your own closet. The fact that Powell’s recruited for 30 years and folks are just now getting mad. Or just now hearing about it thinking it’s new. Keeping the theme of the thread, Coach Gillium was at Powell as a Freshman under Duncan before transferring back to AC. 

Yeah Powell has a portal for drafting good recruits. Problem is keeping them...lol..No I really can't remember Powell recruiting in this one. And I was in the pipeline..per say... this being my nephew. But I guess Powell is better at it with the dark web now days...lol... You know really if this Nationally ranked player choose to come to Powell well that's better than choosing another state like Texas where highschool football is huge. And as long as no cash and compensation is involved and of course it's legal...what can we say...If it's not legal it will come out. 

Right now the Mavs have to prepare for the worst, expect the best and play ever play like it's the last one and the Mavs should be just fine. and it's always better playing as the underdog and away game at the same time. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

56 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah Powell has a portal for drafting good recruits. Problem is keeping them...lol..No I really can't remember Powell recruiting in this one. And I was in the pipeline..per say... this being my nephew. But I guess Powell is better at it with the dark web now days...lol... You know really if this Nationally ranked player choose to come to Powell well that's better than choosing another state like Texas where highschool football is huge. And as long as no cash and compensation is involved and of course it's legal...what can we say...If it's not legal it will come out. 

Right now the Mavs have to prepare for the worst, expect the best and play ever play like it's the last one and the Mavs should be just fine. and it's always better playing as the underdog and away game at the same time. 

They are a lot of MAV fans and others that think the Mavs will win including me. But I say that is just fueling Powell because how close we came to beating them last year. I’m sure we will have Powell’s full attention and I bet they are practicing like they are the underdog this week. I say the coaches are letting them know everyone that is picking AC to win. 

7 minutes ago, Space3 said:

They are a lot of MAV fans and others that think the Mavs will win including me. But I say that is just fueling Powell because how close we came to beating them last year. I’m sure we will have Powell’s full attention and I bet they are practicing like they are the underdog this week. I say the coaches are letting them know everyone that is picking AC to win. 

Yeah I am sure they are. I really believing and hoping Powell will choke...lol...I know they (Powell) will make mistakes. And then the kicking may be interesting too. Taking all that into consideration and having faith in the Mavs....again...lol..I took the long shot and predicted 42-28. I just think AC is capable....It depends how hungry they are from last year and how much they want it too. So so many variables...

Edited by Mavericksinflight

I'm just curious on the Thursday Night game of the week (Oak Ridge vs Vestal) if the All-Star will happen to drop by like the All Star from Catholic did a few years ago every Thursday Night. I bet Packer had to take him and his family to the Golden Coral to magically show up every week. I already got the scoop on the shindig at Maryville next week so you better turn your TV volume up because you'll get to hear Barney Gone wild in the background.

48 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm just curious on the Thursday Night game of the week (Oak Ridge vs Vestal) if the All-Star will happen to drop by like the All Star from Catholic did a few years ago every Thursday Night. I bet Packer had to take him and his family to the Golden Coral to magically show up every week. I already got the scoop on the shindig at Maryville next week so you better turn your TV volume up because you'll get to hear Barney Gone wild in the background.

The best thing about the WKU game on Saturday?

Then the game starts.................

Undertaker Brock Lesnar GIF - Undertaker Brock Lesnar Shocked - Discover &  Share GIFs

Can't help but laugh at this point.  This thread has gone from what was supposed to be a game thread to the continual finger pointing without any offer of fact or proof what so ever of Powell cheating by supporters of schools who must believe that their own poop don't stink.  

In this thread we have pointing fingers:

A supporter of a school who has 2 recent state championships fueled by a QB and others who transferred in from another Knox County school during their high school years.  Not as 9th graders, but after they had started and played at another school. 

A supporter of a school that has had an open enrollment policy in Knox County for decades and has seen many major parts of state championship teams use that magnet school opportunity as a way to transfer in.  

Supporters of multiple schools that allow tuition paying students from out of zone to come in to their schools.  I guess it's just a complete coincidence that many of those were high profile athletes who help either win state championships or were major contributors to successful teams.  

And now a supporter of a school talking about the "Powell recruiting pipeline going back 30 years" whose own school has had a pipeline running down I-75 from the county to the north as long as the school has been in existence. 

And, as I have said, I am all for parental choice in education.  I have no problem with the situations I mentioned above.  The problem is the hypocrisy of thinking that all these kids did was show up, and there was not interaction before the decision to move/apply for transfer/enroll was made.  That's just not even reasonable nor rational to believe.  Talk about a pot/kettle situation.  

Powell has transfers.  So do other schools, even the schools from the misguided supporters I referred to above.  

But until one can offer factual proof of illegal activities, then just quit the constant whining and pointing fingers when you have skeletons in your own closets.  It's gotten old, it's hypocritical, and really isn't a good look for you finger pointers.  

And an edit: 

Golden Coral closed over a year ago. Packer will have to take them to Waffle House instead. 

Edited by HTV
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2