Huntingdon @ Westview

footballover

1 hour ago, horse said:

I didn’t say they had more penalties. I said costly penalties. Huntingdon had a 40 yd run called back. That puts them second and 20 fumble that possession on 25 yd line. Come out at half have a penalty get in passing situations throw a pick six. Mr Simpson may of had off night because of Huntingdons defense. Martin won but I thought they were the total package ran the ball just as well as they threw it. Their big boys were worn out to  after ever play they where struggling to get up. Hopefully they meet again for a rematch. 

Weatview had an amazing run called back on a bull crap call also

14 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Shut up and stop making excuses.  You lost plain and simple. Stop blaming it on penalties and turnovers.  Take your L like a man. 

Really? I don’t see any excuses in his post, only facts. Westview is a really good team, and Simpson is a great player, but if we’re being honest, the 40 yard run that got called back on a holding call (legit or not, not arguing that), and 2 plays later put the ball on the ground giving WV the ball on the 25 was a killer. Getting behind the sticks and getting in passing situations, leading to 3 turnovers, one being a pick 6….. Penalties put them behind the sticks and in those situations (again, not saying they were bad calls) WV might have had 2 tackles for a loss all night, and then it was only 1 or 2 yards. 

It’s football, and those things happen, but there’s not a huge difference in the 2 teams I watched. Huntingdon could score too. Their style is just not as flashy, and turning the ball over 4 times won’t work against any team let alone WV. 

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Really? I don’t see any excuses in his post, only facts. Westview is a really good team, and Simpson is a great player, but if we’re being honest, the 40 yard run that got called back on a holding call (legit or not, not arguing that), and 2 plays later put the ball on the ground giving WV the ball on the 25 was a killer. Getting behind the sticks and getting in passing situations, leading to 3 turnovers, one being a pick 6….. Penalties put them behind the sticks and in those situations (again, not saying they were bad calls) WV might have had 2 tackles for a loss all night, and then it was only 1 or 2 yards. 

It’s football, and those things happen, but there’s not a huge difference in the 2 teams I watched. Huntingdon could score too. Their style is just not as flashy, and turning the ball over 4 times won’t work against any team let alone WV. 

You know I would tend to agree with you Lurker as you have some common sense. When Huntingdung beat Milan I mentioned we had 7 starters out with injury and I got told the same thing. Again having those starters out weren’t excuses just facts. Horse and other Mustank posters told me the same thing. So now he can stop crying and take his L like a man. What goes around comes around. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
Cause horse is a bum.

35 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Weatview had an amazing run called back on a bull crap call also

The block in the back on int was the  correct call it was behind the play but it happened. But was still deep in Huntingdons territory after the penalty. 

Edited by horse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Shut up and stop making excuses.  You lost plain and simple. Stop blaming it on penalties and turnovers.  Take your L like a man. 

He is telling the truth. Second Huntingdon possession it was 7-7 and they reel off about a 35 yard run that got called back. So instead of 1st and 10 on about the Westview 30 they are backed up to their 20. Next possession or two they fumbled. Had what three picks and 1 pick six all in passing situations because of penalties (illegal procedures). Huntingdon stopped themselves for the most part. I will say this. You don’t want to be tied with them in the 4th with 4 or 5 minutes left. They grind it out and move the chains. Very physical. Simpson moves the chains and is a beast. Credit to them but Huntingdon stopped themselves a lot.

• Like 1