Trousdale at Meigs County

tcjacket13

4 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I thought it was a great game. But I said at the half if we didn’t mix it up the second half we would lose, we didn’t have the speed to get to the out side and TC’s run defense was on point. But we had opportunities in the passing game that we didn’t capitalize on, receivers running open and over throwing them. That’s the only weeniest I saw TC’s defense had last night. And I’m sure I will get blasted for this and if I’m wrong I will admit it. After Marion holding Watertown to 7 points last night I think the two best teams in the east played last night in Decatur and I think TC will prove it next Friday.

H20 fumbled on the marion 4 yard line and  bad snap on a field goal. The game was not as close as the score. 

8 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Quote it. 

Le't start with jimmycrackedcorn on the tc h2o thread  few weeks back.

"I have commented more than once that we have not played a complete game and that we were ranked too high. We are not in shape. 

I am not shocked that we lost. We have not played like champions this season. 

Congrats to Watertown and good luck the rest of the way. "

5 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Got to the game at kickoff so didn’t get to meet you yeti. But wow what a atmosphere at Meigs! Players and coaches from all over came to watch these 2 heavyweights go at it. 
 Meigs come out and controlled the game to begin. The defense for Meigs played lights out. #3 for Meigs made some big plays and I bet #12 had a dozen tackles. Some big time hits.  
 Trousdale took the punch in the mouth and showed their toughness. Coaches did a good job adjusting at the half. The opening drive was huge. The big run by #5 was well schemed.  55 for Trousdale was a monster. Trousdale made some big plays at critical times. I thought Meigs went to conservative. They had playmakers that just wasn’t used.  The qb got hurt didn’t help matters either. He wasn’t as effective afterwards.  
I understand both teams  lose several starters but I would bet  these 2 will rule the roost again next year.  I picked Meigs but I expect Trousdale to now represent the east. Excellent game to attend as a fan. 

@Yeti

15 minutes ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

"I have commented more than once that we have not played a complete game and that we were ranked too high. We are not in shape. 

Where does it say to fire the coach? Where does it say we are title bound? Where did I say there is no accountability? 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn

37 minutes ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

You said I criticized the players and coaches. Why quote someone else? Quote me. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

On 11/13/2021 at 3:04 PM, Sequatchie33 said:

Got to the game at kickoff so didn’t get to meet you yeti. But wow what a atmosphere at Meigs! Players and coaches from all over came to watch these 2 heavyweights go at it. 
 Meigs come out and controlled the game to begin. The defense for Meigs played lights out. #3 for Meigs made some big plays and I bet #12 had a dozen tackles. Some big time hits.  
 Trousdale took the punch in the mouth and showed their toughness. Coaches did a good job adjusting at the half. The opening drive was huge. The big run by #5 was well schemed.  55 for Trousdale was a monster. Trousdale made some big plays at critical times. I thought Meigs went to conservative. They had playmakers that just wasn’t used.  The qb got hurt didn’t help matters either. He wasn’t as effective afterwards.  
I understand both teams  lose several starters but I would bet  these 2 will rule the roost again next year.  I picked Meigs but I expect Trousdale to now represent the east. Excellent game to attend as a fan. 

Great battle and hard hitting game. Hard to see these seniors go out like that.

Great run these last four years but it's a tough way to end it  all for this group on the home field after having a lead and giving it up by going conservative like that. It's the same old thing. We have been saying it for years now. Running the same play over and over beating most teams by 40 or 50 points doesn't mean anything.

We know how solid our defense is.

We have the talent and skill position players on offense.

When we face the teams like TC and Peabody it doesn't work. 

They have the size, speed, and talent to match up with us.

Great run last four years but hard to believe we didn't come away with a title. A lot of injuries, a lot of strange plays and bounces, some crazy things last four years for sure.

One thing for sure the four games between TC and Meigs were worth the price of admission 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Great battle and hard hitting game. Hard to see these seniors go out like that.

Great run these last four years but it's a tough way to end it  all for this group on the home field after having a lead and giving it up by going conservative like that. It's the same old thing. We have been saying it for years now. Running the same play over and over beating most teams by 40 or 50 points doesn't mean anything.

We know how solid our defense is.

We have the talent and skill position players on offense.

When we face the teams like TC and Peabody it doesn't work. 

They have the size, speed, and talent to match up with us.

Great run last four years but hard to believe we didn't come away with a title. A lot of injuries, a lot of strange plays and bounces, some crazy things last four years for sure.

One thing for sure the four games between TC and Meigs were worth the price of admission 

That they were, nothing but respect for you guys, y’all have built a great program hopeful that Fitz sticks around for you guys he’s a good one

22 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

That they were, nothing but respect for you guys, y’all have built a great program hopeful that Fitz sticks around for you guys he’s a good one

Great stand up guy. Has the kids doing the right things and working hard. 

Good luck to you guys.

After seeing the H20/ Marion score and Oneida/SG and Hampton moving on people are saying two best teams in East squared off in Decatur this past Friday.

I have seen a lot in my time and just these last couple of weeks with us vs Tyner and Marion.

It's a lot about matchups and injuries and turnovers and playcalling.

Anything can happen. 

Good luck to you guys. 

I do think if TC plays with that same fire and determination I seen this past week they will end up in Chattanooga. 

1 minute ago, Tiger2 said:

Great stand up guy. Has the kids doing the right things and working hard. 

Good luck to you guys.

After seeing the H20/ Marion score and Oneida/SG and Hampton moving on people are saying two best teams in East squared off in Decatur this past Friday.

I have seen a lot in my time and just these last couple of weeks with us vs Tyner and Marion.

It's a lot about matchups and injuries and turnovers and playcalling.

Anything can happen. 

Good luck to you guys. 

I do think if TC plays with that same fire and determination I seen this past week they will end up in Chattanooga. 

I would believe that to if I were you… I’m sure it makes you feel better.