Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

On 12/9/2022 at 10:32 PM, Americal198 said:

This year's South Greene reminds me a whole lot of the Meigs team that came to Greeneville a few years ago, starting with the point guard.

My daughter played on that team. 4 of those grits play at TWU the point guard started as a freshman, and is leading the team now.

On 12/2/2022 at 10:51 AM, maddams said:

Davis, Sims and Harrison are all great players.  My opinion - Harrison is the most talented of the three but doesn't always play hard.  When Harrison decides to play, she is almost unstoppable. 

She knows when she can be passive and when she needs to step up and take over a game. It’s not that she isn’t playing hard, it’s know what she has to do and when. Sometimes it’s get her teammates involved in the game and sometimes it step up and take over the game 

Huntingdon with a dominant performance over McKenzie tonight. Their two post players are going to be hard for any team to handle. Coach David Wilkins has done a great job with these girls. They are a team to be reckoned with. McKenzie will be OK. They are so banged up I commend them for their heart. Reynolds not 100% from the injury against Gibson County the other night. 

Edited by pioneer42

29 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Huntingdon with a dominant performance over McKenzie tonight. Their two post players are going to be hard for any team to handle. Coach David Wilkins has done a great job with these girls. They are a team to be reckoned with. McKenzie will be OK. They are so banged up I commend them for their heart. Reynolds not 100% from the injury against Gibson County the other night. 

Fillies are playing really good right now. Kee had 31 tonight. Singleton had a good game. Looks like Wilkins was planning for this year last year. 6 or so guards that all can shoot it and quick on defense.

40 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Fillies have worked their way into the conversation. Girls are averaging well over 70 pts a game. Very quick team that will turn you over. Our inside game has really improved. Lot of quality depth at guard. Can't wait to play Westview and Gibson Co to see how good we are.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Waker said:

Fillies are playing really good right now. Kee had 31 tonight. Singleton had a good game. Looks like Wilkins was planning for this year last year. 6 or so guards that all can shoot it and quick on defense.

6 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Fillies have worked their way into the conversation. Girls are averaging well over 70 pts a game. Very quick team that will turn you over. Our inside game has really improved. Lot of quality depth at guard. Can't wait to play Westview and Gibson Co to see how good we are.

They play like they did tonight they will be hard for anyone in the state to beat. That post duo will be a sure enough handful for Gibson County and Westview. It will be interesting matchups for sure. Whoever plays them will have to play at a high level to beat them.

20 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

It would've been fun to see round 2 Against McKenzie healthy. The first round when McKenzie beat Huntingdon was one of 2 games they've played this season with everyone healthy and available. Prayers they get healthy soon and stay that way. I hate injuries in sports for any team. I agree also about the "heart" those kids still fighting have, they don't quit they keep playing. I can't wait to see where they're at in February if they can all get and stay healthy. I thought #12 last night was tough. 

1 hour ago, thebenchwarmer said:

It would've been fun to see round 2 Against McKenzie healthy. The first round when McKenzie beat Huntingdon was one of 2 games they've played this season with everyone healthy and available. Prayers they get healthy soon and stay that way. I hate injuries in sports for any team. I agree also about the "heart" those kids still fighting have, they don't quit they keep playing. I can't wait to see where they're at in February if they can all get and stay healthy. I thought #12 last night was tough. 

McKenzie will be fine when Savannah gets back. I got a feeling they will have to play more zone down the road especially if they run into a post like Huntington’s duo or even one like Wayne County has. McKenzie will be fine. They are banged up but still played hard last night against a really good team.

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

McKenzie will be fine when Savannah gets back. I got a feeling they will have to play more zone down the road especially if they run into a post like Huntington’s duo or even one like Wayne County has. McKenzie will be fine. They are banged up but still played hard last night against a really good team.

McKenzie won by 24 the first time these two met. I've seen McKenzie play a lot the last couple years and this was by far the best I've seen them play. I thought the Fillies played well but still got blown out. Shame the Lady Rebels were not at full strength for this encounter. They are having to play kids that are not ready to play tough competition. This was a great win for the Fillies but if Ms Davis had been there it would it would have been a tall task.