Gordonsville at South Pitt

croz6110

16 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

South Town. . You Sure you’re not sand bagging on the Gordonsville Game. I just reviewed their respective schedules and i don’t see it. . South Pitt is South Pitt. Yes 2 loses against a very good NC team by 6 and a private “christian” school. Gordonsville schedule and wins not very impressive. I’m taking the Pirates by 2 scores when all is said and done. 

From what I’ve seen seen in the stats and articles and the folks I’ve spoke with, with close ties to the SP program indicate that as long as it’s not a mud bowl that SP couple pull away late by a couple score. Nothing I’ve seen or heard of Gordonsville indicate that SP will have trouble scoring, ENOUGH!  Not saying their gonna hang 40 on a well coached bigger team but SP is going to get theirs. No one other than the Alphabet School has slowed them down.  With that being said the SP defense will be the difference in this win or loss!  This SP team as a whole is better coached than many years in the past with at least 1 former Head Coach, 2 or 3 Previous Coordinators and 4 or 5 that was retained by Coach Stone going into this new year from past years within the program.  Not many programs loose the number of talented players that South Pitt did off last years team and still have folks talk about them having a legitimate shot to make it back to the title game again without quality coaches, coaching them younger ones up like they have.  From what I’m hearing they are fully loaded and have prepped well and have all their hands on deck.  Also talked with a Gordonsville contact who indicated that they are completely healthy and ready to go as well.  He feels confident in his new head coach and indicates Gordonsville has been preparing for this potential matchup since the guy took the job at Gordonsville several months back.   Sounds like it could be the game of the year about to go down.  

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

South Town. . You Sure you’re not sand bagging on the Gordonsville Game. I just reviewed their respective schedules and i don’t see it. . South Pitt is South Pitt. Yes 2 loses against a very good NC team by 6 and a private “christian” school. Gordonsville schedule and wins not very impressive. I’m taking the Pirates by 2 scores when all is said and done. 

Once again,  no sandbagging.   

Survive and advance is the name of the game.  We hope to be up by 1 when the dust settles.

13 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Once again,  no sandbagging.   

Survive and advance is the name of the game.  We hope to be up by 1 when the dust settles.

I’m not sleeping on S Pitt in the playoffs until you guys prove me wrong. Gordonsville will be competitive but i just think you guys are too much. 31-22.