Riverside coming to Huntingdon (semi finals)

horse

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Would you be a fan of charging a $5 dollar fee per game for someone to look at the game online? Basically just staying at home, and paying the home school the "gate" just online. If a family of four shows up to a game, then they'll have to pay $20, but only $5 at the game. Therefore, it can benefit the customer and the school.

Why would that make sense to me? Because a family that is out of town tomorrow for Thanksgiving can have that luxury to watch the game. In January during basketball season, there may be a night or two where it'll be too cold. 

I do appreciate the 3 private schools in Jackson on having their game broadcast online. Same goes to Peabody and Riverside for doing their broadcast on Facebook. Brentwood Academy did their game with Baylor on YouTube. What would it take for that to be broadcast in West TN? I'm sure BA spent a lot of money for that to be on YouTube.

Regardless, I do agree that NFHS is not a good idea. Wasn't a good idea to begin with, but not surprised because the TSSAA never go detail to detail on what will happen. They jumped in not knowing what's going on. Maybe emailing principal and AD's will be the next step to cut the contract...

Ive tried to use NFHS several times for basketball games and not once has it worked for me.

48 minutes ago, Waker said:

Ive tried to use NFHS several times for basketball games and not once has it worked for me.

That is one reason I despise them so much. Most all NFHS broadcasts are done using automated equipment and a technology that is shaky at best Most all broadcasts are of poor quality without commentary and things that would make you want to pay. There is also lots of human error if people don't program them properly. I mentioned bandwidth earlier. That is also a problem as many schools don't have the bandwidth and upload speeds necessary for a quality sports broadcast

6 hours ago, horse said:

Why would schools allow somebody to video games anyway? I’m sure it cuts down on attendance. 

With the $750.00 fee figured in, I highly doubt that the few who decide to watch the stream over attending would offset the gate reduction. Next, you have to take into account the elderly, the out-of-town family and alumni, and occasionally inclement weather games where people won't attend whether they can stream or not. Lastly, schools need community involvement to flourish...any avenue to promote your school to the community will pay dividends down the road in contributions and support for fundraisers in other sports and extracurricular activities. TSSAA and NFHS contribute little to nothing back, while putting out an inferior product.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

With the $750.00 fee figured in, I highly doubt that the few who decide to watch the stream over attending would offset the gate reduction. Next, you have to take into account the elderly, the out-of-town family and alumni, and occasionally inclement weather games where people won't attend whether they can stream or not. Lastly, schools need community involvement to flourish...any avenue to promote your school to the community will pay dividends down the road in contributions and support for fundraisers in other sports and extracurricular activities. TSSAA and NFHS contribute little to nothing back, while putting out an inferior product.

I don't really have a dog in the race, because I go to all the games anyways. Regardless, I don't think this thread is really the place for this soapbox. There's nothing Huntingdon can do about TSSAA's relationship with NFHS.

10 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

I don't really have a dog in the race, because I go to all the games anyways. Regardless, I don't think this thread is really the place for this soapbox. There's nothing Huntingdon can do about TSSAA's relationship with NFHS.

FYI,

Huntingdon is an NFHS school. My problem is that the media rules were thrown out the window by the Huntingdon administration when they accepted a 750.00 fee from one of the UC radio stations who live streamed the game against TSSAA rules.. That station got permission from administration who did not follow rules while bypassing the TSSAA who would have properly enforced the rules. You are supposed to get clearance from  administration and TSSAA. As Huntingdon broadcast the game on the NFHS, no other entity is allowed to video stream by rule. Schools and companies who actually follow the rules don't like it when someone does an illegal broadcast when they had to sit at home cause they honored the rules. Some may call it sour grapes. But if you are going to have a rule, administer it properly. 

Anywho, back to the game. I have friends on the Riverside staff so I am pulling for Riverside to win on Friday

Edited by ReitzFan