What will Lipscomb do?

smoke14

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

Listening to the press conference yesterday with UAB I think Trent was actually content on staying at Lipscomb but his wife wanted him to push for something bigger.

He tried last year to leave as well to his alum Fresno State but wasn't their pick.  Knew it was coming soon and Lipscomb should have as well

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DLCSnotLA said:

The claim was that Lipscomb let go of Lowry because some “old money” from the CoC guard was taking their checkbooks to Freed. That is unequivocally false. Lowry wasn’t loved by all by any means but the idea that he had to step down because he was losing money to Freed is absurd. If Lowry was good at anything, it was raising money.

Correct. It wasn't for losing money. It was for losing focus of the school's mission statement.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BelmontRebel said:

Going to college now so he can recruit legally.

Would you care to enlighten this message board as to how Lipscomb Academy and Coach Trent Dilfer were recruiting illegally?  Please keep in mind that in the eyes of the TSSAA you must have proof and not just rumors.  

Edited by cbg

55 minutes ago, BoydBuchBacker said:

Doesn't he have players from all over the southeast? 

Who cares if kids "LEGALLY" transferred to Lipscomb Academy from Texas, Florida, Georgia, California, etc... so long as they did so within the rules established by the TSSAA.  Again, if someone has some concrete information that anyone associated with Lipscomb Academy has done something illegal, they need to turn that information over to the TSSAA.  Rumors and innuendos are not proof.  With a larger percentage of the population in the USA today being allowed to work from anywhere in the continental US people are moving every day.  If someone has a son that is a good football player, and they have the ability and financial means to move their family to Nashville why would they not want to do so and give the young man the opportunity to play for Trent Dilfer?  Let's be honest and say that these families are not moving to Nashville to play for Lipscomb Academy, they are moving to play for Trent Dilfer.  The man can literally pick up the phone and most every D1 college football coach would take his call.  Is this legal, yes.  Is this an advantage, yes.  

• Upvote 1

lots of haters.  where to start?

- most people I know like the direction lipscomb university and the academy are heading and think it is more true to the mission than ever.  if you don't like it and you don't have kids there, who cares?   by the way lowry is still there.

- maybe next year is rough.  maybe it's not.  lipscomb was a doormat for years.  who's to say this wasn't their revenge tour?

dilfer took a terrible team to the championship game in 2 years.  then won the next two.  that's pretty amazing.  75% in the championship game, 50% state champion.  and he didn't inherit a program rolling like other successful coaches.  I think he deserves some respect and im grateful he came to LA for 4 years.  

@BreadTruck28 it was great to meet you.  sorry the game wasn't closer.  maybe i'll see you at baseball or basketball soon.

Edited by theawesomebro
  • Like 1

Theawesomebro I have no idea who you are so don't take this any certain way, just curious, are you a CoC member somewhere? Do you believe the mission is being carried out in a positive way? 

I agree what Dilfer did in such a short amount of time is pretty remarkable. I think he did more than most thought he would. 

As to where they go from here, why not just hire from within? Dilfer can't possibly take everyone with him and as long as there is still funding keeping the staff intact seems logical. Or do you think they go with another name as a new face of the program?