Mairvul '23 mostest inneggspearenced teem evur

STARSNBARS

20 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Spainky nose footbawl....:popcorneater:

Spanky (George McFarland) | What Ever Happened to the Little Rascals? |  Purple Clover

Yes he does. Feed the dog. Best Jv coach I’ve coached against. Unfortunately the young ball coach knows that 6%>supplement. It’ll be a dern shame when 15 guys on the sideline running a Chinese fire drill lose their income because the young ball coach figured out that dividing 1 into 3 is more profitable than Xs and Os.  Sometimes the side hustle becomes more important than the day job. The sevier county offense figured that out last year. Looks like freedman institute is figuring it out this year. 

On 7/15/2023 at 1:29 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

I ran into Spanky at Wal Mart today and he is very high on the whole group of 9th graders. He said we will get some quality receivers and even out of the hole with the Qb situation in time. 

I had a Junior High coach tell be last year that the 7th grade class overall was even better than the 8th grade class. A lot of 7th graders started last year for the Junior High team. Big difference in the 2 classes is Will Jones. Will Jones will be a difference maker.  I am not ready to give up on this upcoming Maryville team.  Gage is a great running back. Price Davis is going to break out this year. He is 6' 185lbs now. He is bigger,faster and stronger. I feel like Maryville will be strong on the Oline. Blake Heckman is a monster going to Liberty. Logan McGlamery  is benching 375lbs and squatting 500lbs. He has starting experience. Alex Boyd is much bigger and stronger. If receivers and quarterback step up offense will be really good. Eli Elkins is a good TE. A lot of kids on defense need to step up. I hope Sam Young can stay healthy. I am hearing good things about Matthew Covert.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

I had a Junior High coach tell be last year that the 7th grade class overall was even better than the 8th grade class. A lot of 7th graders started last year for the Junior High team. Big difference in the 2 classes is Will Jones. Will Jones will be a difference maker.  I am not ready to give up on this upcoming Maryville team.  Gage is a great running back. Price Davis is going to break out this year. He is 6' 185lbs now. He is bigger,faster and stronger. I feel like Maryville will be strong on the Oline. Blake Heckman is a monster going to Liberty. Logan McGlamery  is benching 375lbs and squatting 500lbs. He has starting experience. Alex Boyd is much bigger and stronger. If receivers and quarterback step up offense will be really good. Eli Elkins is a good TE. A lot of kids on defense need to step up. I hope Sam Young can stay healthy. I am hearing good things about Matthew Covert.  

The only thing I wish that would change is that 3-4 defense. This is high school football. Put the heat on the other team and go after them. 

18 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The only thing I wish that would change is that 3-4 defense. This is high school football. Put the heat on the other team and go after them. 

3-4 and 50 are pretty much the same thing and it's what a big chunk of teams in TN do. Bringing pressure has nothing to do with formations, it's a mentality.  You could run a 3-3-5 and still bring pressure

The good high school teams can beat mediocre and bad teams running a 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, 7 Diamond, or a 2-5. It won’t matter. Spread out the best players on the field, and they will usually stop the other team. IMO that changes when you face better teams who aren’t balanced and are pass happy or run it over and over - like okelund. Whatever defense has the best chance of stopping that offense is what we should be practicing. I hope one of the fifteen knows what that is. Maybe it is a 3-4, but it seems like we switch out of it against them. 
Wouldn’t it also depend a lot on your own personnel? If 4 of my best 11 defensive guys are LBs who need on the field, a 3-4 makes more sense. If I have 2 good LBs, a 3-4 doesn’t seem the best. I probably over simplify.

39 minutes ago, strongx said:

The good high school teams can beat mediocre and bad teams running a 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, 7 Diamond, or a 2-5. It won’t matter. Spread out the best players on the field, and they will usually stop the other team. IMO that changes when you face better teams who aren’t balanced and are pass happy or run it over and over - like okelund. Whatever defense has the best chance of stopping that offense is what we should be practicing. I hope one of the fifteen knows what that is. Maybe it is a 3-4, but it seems like we switch out of it against them. 
Wouldn’t it also depend a lot on your own personnel? If 4 of my best 11 defensive guys are LBs who need on the field, a 3-4 makes more sense. If I have 2 good LBs, a 3-4 doesn’t seem the best. I probably over simplify.

Which is why the 3-4 is popular because all you have to do to change into a 50 is bring two of those linebackers onto LOS. One of the reasons the Wing-T  is a nightmare is it forces you to be disciplined, you bring pressure you better guess right or its going to the house. It doesn't help Maryville that practically no one in East TN runs the Wing-T, so there's no way to truly simulate what Oakland does

Oakland's advantage over Maryville however isn't tactical. They're just bigger, faster and one of the few teams Maryville doesn't have an advantage over when it comes to coaching.

25 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Which is why the 3-4 is popular because all you have to do to change into a 50 is bring two of those linebackers onto LOS. One of the reasons the Wing-T  is a nightmare is it forces you to be disciplined, you bring pressure you better guess right or its going to the house. It doesn't help Maryville that practically no one in East TN runs the Wing-T, so there's no way to truly simulate what Oakland does

Oakland's advantage over Maryville however isn't tactical. They're just bigger, faster and one of the few teams Maryville doesn't have an advantage over when it comes to coaching.

That's because someone keeps losing pieces of GQ's chess board so they replaced it with a checkerboard instead.

18 hours ago, REBELRON said:

My man Ron! The antiBarneySox.