Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

My last thought on this thread since don’t have dog in the race anymore Summertown only team that played 3 top 10 teams none at home to try to get to State / so proud of this team / wishing all teams there good luck w no injuries and may the referees be on your side 

6 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Interesting note! Fillies have beaten half the 3a tournament teams in the regular season. Southside, Dyersburg, Chester Co & South Gibson!

Yeah, I’m convinced any AA team could beat the field in both A and AAA

8 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Interesting note! Fillies have beaten half the 3a tournament teams in the regular season. Southside, Dyersburg, Chester Co & South Gibson!

They have also defeated Ingomar MS and Wise Central VA. Ingomar just won the MS 2A title and Wise Central plays for the VA 2A championship on Thursday. Proud of this Fillies team. Crazy things can happen in Murfreesboro. 

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

In the East Central and GP have beaten the top 3A teams, they would beat the east 1A teams by as much as they want. 1A in the East is as bad as I’ve ever seen.

1 hour ago, wtnbballfan said:

I wonder why GC didn't play mckenzie or huntingdon this season at all. The last 4 or 5 years, they've been playing them. Will make for a more interesting first game I guess. 

I imagine playing your sons is not easy especially for Mrs. Wilkins. Got grandbabies in their lap where their dad's and her son's coaching a different team than your husband. Has TSSAA ever had a father son coaching against each other at state?? I do think any AA team can win it. Top bracket is tough as we know. Bottom is not a cakewalk either. We ran into East Nashville in Murfreesboro this summer and they were a very good team. So Smith County has got to be tough. We know GP is tough. Loretto is always dangerous with their length and always well coached and battle tested. Westview is the back to back state champions and these girls shoot better at the Glass House than they do at home it seems. So you never know what will happen up there. I kinda expect some of the games will probably be like the USJ games in the private sector with a lot of defense. I do congratulate and wish all teams good luck. I do feel very blessed to be there and am very thankful we are there for sure.

After seeing Central and GP play I would have to give the age to GP. Central has the best two players but they are not very deep. GP has a better team and a dip bench and they have the best PG that I have seen this year, and I was told she didn’t play the first time those two played this season. 

6 hours ago, westtn12 said:

Yeah, I’m convinced any AA team could beat the field in both A and AAA

Negative. Who’s playing better than Upperman right now???? There are no cupcakes over here in 7AAA boys and girls. 

Edited by UCSportsFan