Riverside @ Peabody Week 3

RHSPanther15

6 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Glad to know this guy can understand the landscape of college football! Travel part consists around 70 players. Starters and backup's are obviously the ones to go, and special teams can go as well. Yes, you can still be apart of the travel squad if you are on the kickoff team, maybe the 2nd string in that spot as well.

3 things are hurting Peabody right now.

1) It's no secret, graduation

2) No offense to the Peabody faithful, but it appears none of these players are going to be at the top like Driggers, Dickson, Gallaway, etc. Not saying they can't be, but as of now, they're not. However, I've watched Peabody developmental teams in the previous years, and this is not a surprised to me. 

3) They're not in 1A anymore. They're not playing Liberty, Obion Central, or South Side anymore in non-region games. They're not playing Halls, Humboldt, Lake County, Greenfield, and West Carroll anymore. When you combine 1 and 2, with the schedule of Milan, JCS, Huntingdon, Riverside, USJ, and Adamsville, you're going to struggle. It's just reality. Region 7-2A has programs, Region 7-1A are just teams.

The game against Adamsville is a huge game. However, don't forget Camden right now. Lions have scored 103 points right now. However, they've allowed 102. But the ability to score is something in itself that will help! Winning games 17-14 and relying on defense is not a sustainable way to be successful.

Don’t take this the wrong way but I kinda giggled when I read the Camden part. No way Camden hangs with Peabody or Adamsville!  

Not this season anyways.

Just to clarify, Peabody’s championships were as a 2A team. The last three in region 7 . They are now in region 6 . Both 7 and 8 are Memphis regions now. 
Peabody is just not as talented as they have been.AND Milan is 2A at least for the next two years and Riverside is having  their time to shine. This is just not Peabody’s year..Small towns can’t just reload every year.  They will be back in a couple of years. They may still shock somebody if they quit shooting themselves in the foot…

14 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Yeah I agree, lol. Need to at least give Camden some love for scoring 100 in two games, just gave up 100, too.

You should really try not to suck. Peabody played adamsville and was in the region with adamsville sone years. Played and beat Milan every year for like the last 6 years except last year one of those years milan made it to state in 3a. Beat riverside in the semis. Scrimmages usj every year till this year and beat them except last year. I’m pretty sure liberty southside and obion are 4-3a schools. Peabody won all of their state championships in 2a being the smallest school in 2a.  
peabody is young this year probably the youngest in last 10 years. 

you insinuated they played no one truth is they did and what was scheduled was because of a bunch of schools turning them down those years 

• Upvote 1

With the coaches Peabody has, you may see them win some games towards the end of the season that seem unwinnable right now. Don't be surprised if they make some noise that will elevate them to the top for next year. Even if Adamsville beats peabody this week don't count them out.... EVER!!! I love them Dawgs from Milan. But I have great respect for the players and coaches from Peabody. 

On 8/28/2023 at 8:57 PM, vandyfan1 said:

Don’t take this the wrong way but I kinda giggled when I read the Camden part. No way Camden hangs with Peabody or Adamsville!  

Not this season anyways.

I understand what you are saying and why. Truth is i agree to a point

Camden did put an honest 50 up on Waverly and had they even remotely stopped the 3(or was it 4) long bomb TD passes in the first quarter the final is way Different score.  So either  Waverly isn't good either  or Camden is a good offense. Defense can get turned around real fast in season. Kids stay up as long as they are scoring.