Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

1 hour ago, TheTreyB said:

In all honesty… does it really matter? 

It matters for the kids who put hours in the road and weight room. It matters to the parents who poured money into their kids and the Summit program. It matters to the rest of the community who supported them through their lows and celebrated their highs. A fair draw always matters.

it may not matter to you but to be honest I don’t give a sh** what matters to you and what doesn’t. 

Edited by WrestlingGod
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

It matters for the kids who put hours in the road and weight room. It matters to the parents who poured money into their kids and the Summit program. It matters to the rest of the community who supported them through their lows and celebrated their highs. A fair draw always matters.

it may not matter to you but to be honest I don’t give a sh** what matters to you and what doesn’t. 

Then why did you reply to my post??? 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

Cleveland would beat them in the finals or the first round either way. So my point… does it really matter? 

In all honestly you may be right. But to have the two best teams wrestle first is crazy. Summit and Cleveland has become kind of a rivalry not to have that highlighted in finals is sad. TSSAA is just too lazy to seed out 8 teams. I think that is the major issue. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Rankings are just someone’s opinion and last year’s results are just that, last year’s results. If they really want to do it right, the 16 teams that competed (or did not) yesterday should be split into two 8-team sub-state tournaments that take place the week before the state tournament. The four region winners in each sub-state are separated by blind draw and you wrestle a one day bracketed tournament with a true second format. The two winners of the two sub-state tournaments are the 1 and 2 seed at the state. The two runner-ups cross over and are the 3 and 4 seeds. The third and fourth place teams also cross over. This gives the best seeding possible with no opinions or history needed to be taken into account.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, desselle said:

In all honestly you may be right. But to have the two best teams wrestle first is crazy. Summit and Cleveland has become kind of a rivalry not to have that highlighted in finals is sad. TSSAA is just too lazy to seed out 8 teams. I think that is the major issue. 

I agree. I’m not sure how they thought it was the right bracket layout 

36 minutes ago, desselle said:

Really awful job by TSSAA. This should have been the final 

9 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

Sucks for summit, shouldn’t they be on the opposite side? 

The TSSAA has been doing this separation of region champions since the beginning on the state duals and they will not ever change to a seeding method.  

Like the late Al Davis was fond of saying “JUST WIN BABY”

Edited by cbg

NO Where should you base a seeding or SEPERATION of Teams for an Event based on the Previous Years Results. Too many factors decide how things were as compared to how they are at present.

You have kids graduate, stope wrestling get injured and all sorts of things for the next years team.

WAKE UP TSSAA......Do the right things Finally.

3 hours ago, TheTreyB said:

In all honesty… does it really matter? 

yes it absolutely matters. the head and shoulders second best team is getting screwed out of a state finals appearance. those kids deserve that spotlight. but because T$$AA is a joke they won’t get it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1