Sullivan South @ Tennessee High

Mountain Lakes Championship Game  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain Lakes Championship Game

Me personally??¦I think the shoe is on the other foot. I think the Vikings have the upper hand in this game and only if the Rebels are able to capitalize on the big play these predicted scores will be flipped. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

So what you're saying is that South is the underdog?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand Beedle will be on IR for this game. Sources tell me that he was on his way in for a MRI when Philips was coming out.

Cap, I've been out of the loop but I feel quite sure that an MRI would have been standard issue. And again I don't know, because my son doesn't talk but I would think HB won't play. My understanding is he could play if needed but his replacement, Taylor McGlothlin, picked right up where Hunter left off. Taylor has been under Hunters wing for over a year and Hunter has taught him everything he knows. It showed when Taylor aka Redbone went in at 'Betsy. He performed good enough that everyone was saying, "Why isn't he starting?" You know, it's that time of year when you start to see people stepping up and showing what they will bring next year. The same thing happened when Clint went down. We changed D schemes and went with another down lineman who was (is) Dillon Hammonds...and he immidiately made a major impact. So, I'm never an advocate of injury but in this situation it revealed two quality hosses that will get the job done. I'm sure Tallman was discovered in the same vein.

You really pack a punch with your RB crew...no one can deny. I don't see anyone stopping Tallman. And who was the Soph that had some success a week or two ago?

In my limited view of things I would agree the DB's need to be in a man coverage. And the only way we can stop your backs is to get in the backfield. If we allow then past scrimmage then they will run on us all night. I don't know what the D scheme is but I would be stunting 3-4 people every snap. Which I feel is what you will do on us. Keenan ran all over us last year but our D is a bit better this year.

On O last year Fletch's bread and butter was the trap. It required the WR's to crash on the DE and OLB. It worked like a charm and we ate it up. It worked because Houston Martin and Seth Johnson made the blocks each and every time. No such support this year. That's why we don't run the trap anymore. It will be interesting to see what Stacy has worked up for you this time around. I don't see Stubbs going to the air until he is forced to. And with the horses you have I don't see him needing to. My hope is you will make mistakes and we can capitolize on them.

It will be a heck of a game. DB will blow JC's doors off so I think anyone with any common sense knows we are the show to watch.

Overtime won't surprise me a bit. How about it...you got any sick puppies? The flu is going around so we will see how that affects things. At least the weather seems to be holding.

I'm on here having fun and usually don't get to my serious side until Friday, but just to put things into perspective, for me at least, -------I expect this game to be a knock down--drag out, and I see us a 10-14 pt favorite. That spread will be dictated by which team is better mentally prepared to strap on the hard hits until the other team folds.

I don't see see either of these teams packing it in--so I think I'll stick with my 10-14 pts.

Cap keeps digging for injury reports---give it up-we ain't going to tell, except that he doesn't know everything that he claims to know--and that's all I'm saying.

Oh, we got 22 linebackers that weigh 199.5 lbs, does that count? What freakin' difference does it make? How much does KS weigh??? It's not how big the man in the fight is--it's how big the fight in the man-----somebody said that one time, didn't they. Whoever it was ---he was a freaking genious. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Less than 30 hours to kickoff. I'm glad to see this thread get back to the THS vs. South game. Honestly as a Viking supporter I still recognize that South is the favorite in this game. If you take both teams body of work over this season South deserves to be the favorite.

This being said if Beedle truly is out that changes things alot. South relies heavily on running behind that monster. Phillips being hurt is bad enough. I think the Vikings can definitely pull the upset and win the final MLC championship. The time for trash talking is almost over. Can't wait to see who eats crow on Saturday morning.

So what you're saying is that South is the underdog?

W1ldcat, I'm going to reply to you in this forum because the Greeneville forum is closed. If South plays in the quarterfinals against Greeneville it will be @ Greeneville. Maryville would then visit the winner of that matchup.

This year Region 1 travels in round 3 and will host during the semifinals.

http://tssaa.org/Sports/Football/bracketchanges.pdf

Less than 30 hours to kickoff. I'm glad to see this thread get back to the THS vs. South game. Honestly as a Viking supporter I still recognize that South is the favorite in this game. If you take both teams body of work over this season South deserves to be the favorite.

This being said if Beedle truly is out that changes things alot. South relies heavily on running behind that monster. Phillips being hurt is bad enough. I think the Vikings can definitely pull the upset and win the final MLC championship. The time for trash talking is almost over. Can't wait to see who eats crow on Saturday morning.

Who said Beedle is out??? Did he get hurt? AHHHH, GhASP!!!!!!!

Crow??? I've already got the Brisket cooking.

My belief is this game will decide who has the homefield advantage when we meet again in the playoffs. No matter who wins, we will see each other again on the 21st. This will just determine if we have more seating the next time we play. Anyone agree or disagree with that?

No, that's reasonalbe.

W1ldcat, I'm going to reply to you in this forum because the Greeneville forum is closed. If South plays in the quarterfinals against Greeneville it will be @ Greeneville. Maryville would then visit the winner of that matchup.

This year Region 1 travels in round 3 and will host during the semifinals.

http://tssaa.org/Sports/Football/bracketchanges.pdf

yeah, I know that region 2 will host the quarterfinals this year but I see a rematch from tomorrow night in the quarterfinals so it would be the winner of SS-THS hosting(as you will see by my previous post) Not sure what I typed before but either I typed something wrong or you just misunderstood me.

Man Couch...it would be nice to get an aerial pic of tonight??™s game. Have you heard any talk of setting up the extra seats in the end zone?

I was just going to ask today..i hope so I think they will be needed. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yeah, I know that region 2 will host the quarterfinals this year but I see a rematch from tomorrow night in the quarterfinals so it would be the winner of SS-THS hosting(as you will see by my previous post) Not sure what I typed before but either I typed something wrong or you just misunderstood me.

This is what you typed earlier in the Greenway thread:

"I do hope you realize that home field will be coming to the Mountain Lakes conference for the Quarterfinals. Whether it's South or TN High, both will give Greeneville a woodshed spanking."

I hope it's a rematch in the quarterfinals. The Vikings haven't made it that far since 2004. I believe they could've last year but they lost in a major upset in round 1. The Vikes will most likely get Mo'West in round 1. The Trojans have always played the Vikings tough and have won something like 5 out of the 6 times they've played.