Maryville @ Alcoa 2009

Bump..

There must be a Maryville tread on the first page for this board to survive. All other teams/schools are irrelevant.

Tell me again MLReb, "why is it that I love you so much?" :o

It's interesting on these new upgraded boards that instead of showing the neat little smiley faces, I simply get a written description of what the smiley face would look like if it were actually on here. Does that make sense to anyone?

After thinking about it Govman my only sensible answer is that you love my complete and total candor..... :mrgreen:

My biggest problem with the new board is that the background is to close to that sissy Carolina blue

Not to mention that you're really cute too! :o

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention that you're really cute too! :D

You are beginning to scare me Govman.

On a different note how did the gov boys look in the 7 on 7 last weekend?

I have not got a chance to see them yet. Have talked to Coach Gregory and he seems to be fairly pleased. Still trying to get a lot of stuff in ... still trying to figure out how much the kids can absorb in a fairly short period of time he's had to work with them.

Definitely got some pretty good athletes on the offensive side of the football. Several smallish, really fast "scat back" types. Got some pretty decent speed at the qb / rb, and wr positions. I think finding some dependable, decent sized receivers is definitely a concern. QB battle is still going on ... Witt, Burton, and Owens ... all three bring some different things to the table. O Line should be ok (TPoole can speak better to that, he's heavily invested in our line) ... lots of experience returning.

Defensively .. I don't have a whole lot of knowledge. Have heard we have at least a couple of "special" sophomores, but you and I both know that upper classmen are real important.

I've been real impressed with Coach Gregory. Have got to talk to him a few times early in the a.m. down in the weight room. I think he's going to be a great asset to our program and to our community. Solid guy ... straight spoken ... you know where you stand. And he's ready to "walk the hallways" and beat the bushes and make sure we're getting kids out for football who need to be playing. Also, he's real intent on working with the middle school programs and developing a strong identity there. He's been thrust into a tough situation this year, but he seems to be attacking it full speed and with lots of excitement. I'll be real suprised if we have a repeat of last year's season ... think we'll be a little better than that. Only time will tell!

Not to mention that you're really cute too! :hungry:

You are beginning to scare me Govman.

On a different note how did the gov boys look in the 7 on 7 last weekend?

O Line should be ok (TPoole can speak better to that, he's heavily invested in our line) ... lots of experience returning.

I know I'm heavily invested in one of them. :thumb:

MLREB

Govman has always scared me!!!!!!!!!!

tpoole 12

PS: Since this is an ALCOA/MARYVILLE thread I guess I'll have to make a pick.... but not today!!