Hunter's Lane

tnhsfbfan85

As a side note, I never understood why McGavock, one of the largest high schools in the state, has never been a power in football or basketball power even at the Metro level.

Uhh...might want to check back a while. "Never" is a terrible qualifier, if you've been around here more than 25 years or so. Since then....they've had their struggles.

Ask around about Wes Elrod and Joe Allen...:)

Uhh...might want to check back a while. "Never" is a terrible qualifier, if you've been around here more than 25 years or so. Since then....they've had their struggles.

Ask around about Wes Elrod and Joe Allen... :)

I don't have to ask about Coach Elrod. I graduated from Maplewood in 1981. Coach Elrod was HC there before he went to McGavock. So okay. I guess McGavock was a District 12 power back in the old NIL days.

Problem at HL are those geniuses in the administration. You had the best coach for the program you will ever have in Campbell. Disciplined team which was a consistent winner. The principal there must have friends in high places to keep her job.. The new coach will get zero support from her, good luck.

Problem at HL are those geniuses in the administration. You had the best coach for the program you will ever have in Campbell. Disciplined team which was a consistent winner. The principal there must have friends in high places to keep her job.. The new coach will get zero support from her, good luck.

SSDD 5 down 5 across.

No offense guys, but TPS was never a "Metro" school. It was operated solely by the state of Tennessee.

Hunters Lane suffers from a principal that does not value athletics as part of the high school experience. You can dress that up anyway you like it, but it ain't gonna change. PERIOD.

I won't "dress" anything up. Things are meant to change and if HL makes the right hire then I would expect their football fortunes to definitely change for the better.

I won't "dress" anything up. Things are meant to change and if HL makes the right hire then I would expect their football fortunes to definitely change for the better.

What you are failing to understand is it is not the football hire that really matters here, it is the principal. The downturn of HL's fortune just so happened to coincide with her coming over, tigers don't change their stripes.

I would tread lightly in regards to Hillsboro. They graduated 35 seniors, and only have single digit juniors (next year's seniors) returning [somewhere around 5 total]. The other sad part about that is the way the principle handled the situation last year. He fired the previous coach who got a total of 2 coaches hired in the building in 3 years. Clayton, has a total of 5, in less than one year. Simply put, he screwed the last coach. Rumor is Clayton is leaving anyways, headed back to Williamson Co.

Cane Ridge, made the biggest turn-a-around. They should be consistently good, with the athletes that they will continue to get. Likewise with Antioch. But as good as Cane Ridge supposedly was, they were embarrassed at home in their first playoff game.

In regards to Hunters Lane, while I do not know CF, it sounds like there is enough hype around him, but do not understand why he would want to leave a winning program to completely start over and rebuild one. Hunters Lane won't start winning at least for another 2 years regardless of the hire, but I expect them too. Campbell was a good coach at Hunters Lane, and there is rumor that a former Head Coach, a then assistant with Campbell is interested in the job. Perhaps he could turn around that program.

Cheers boys!

Edited by metroRUMORS

I would tread lightly in regards to Hillsboro. They graduated 35 seniors, and only have single digit juniors (next year's seniors) returning [somewhere around 5 total]. The other sad part about that is the way the principle handled the situation last year. He fired the previous coach who got a total of 2 coaches hired in the building in 3 years. Clayton, has a total of 5, in less than one year. Simply put, he screwed the last coach. Rumor is Clayton is leaving anyways, headed back to Williamson Co.

Cane Ridge, made the biggest turn-a-around. They should be consistently good, with the athletes that they will continue to get. Likewise with Antioch. But as good as Cane Ridge supposedly was, they were embarrassed at home in their first playoff game.

In regards to Hunters Lane, while I do not know CF, it sounds like there is enough hype around him, but do not understand why he would want to leave a winning program to completely start over and rebuild one. Hunters Lane won't start winning at least for another 2 years regardless of the hire, but I expect them too. Campbell was a good coach at Hunters Lane, and there is rumor that a former Head Coach, a then assistant with Campbell is interested in the job. Perhaps he could turn around that program.

Cheers boys!

I did hear Clayton is interested in Indy. God bless whoever it is at the Lane.

Metro rumors this thread is about Hunters Lane. But since you brought up others, Shrader did not screw Moreno. Moreno did not win and so Shrader went in a new direction. Also, Shrader helped Clayton to get a good staff. The former principal was more responsible for Moreno. Cane ridge was more successful than they have ever been. The staff has much better coaches all around. Will the success continue, I don't think so. I see them behind Overton, Antioch, and Hillsboro. If Clayton leaves Hillsboro the job will be filled from within.