South Pitt vs. Fayetteville (Moore man against this Palmer man)

Roy Dillard

If that is the case, I would forsee kids coming there from Lincoln County and bumping up their enrollment numbers/classification eventually. They aren't even a mile down the road from each other.

Don't see that happening right now .They have what they have and we have what we have. don't see any kids jumping ship back and forth  But coach P and his staff do an excellent job and you are right, they are very young. They played a tough schedule for a 1a team this year, especially a first year varsity team. They have some great promising talent coming up but the thing that really hurts them is simply numbers, I think they will only dress about 22-25 players. They will slowly raise that number but it will take them a couple or so years to do that. #32 Thompson is out and wont play, and that really hurts them .I think if they don't turn it over they will be able to hang with SP,but, if they play sloppy and turn it over it might get ugly. This same group of kids went I believe 9-1 last year playing a jv schedule which included beating Madison Academy of Huntsville Al. whose varsity won the state championship last season .We broadcasted all their games last season on Monday nights and they have some good players, just need some more numbers wise. Regardless of the outcome Friday night, they have had a good year for a first year varsity team.

I agree with your comment about winning State Championships. I use to live in Fayetteville and was there when the Schools consolidated. The talk was then about winning Championships. And I have also heard the same about the new City High School. With open enrollment it will be easier to win a Championship in class 1A than probably any other division.

I know this is not a Lincoln County thread and I apologize for that, but, I hear this all the time, and the biggest reason L.C. is not winning like it used to is simply enrollment. If we had all the kids at Fayetteville City and Riverside Christian we would be a better team no doubt, but, we would still be at only about 1400 to 1500 kids and it is hard to compete with the schools with 2500 kids ,year in year out,  that's over 1 thousand more kids to pick from and if you don't think that makes a big difference you are only fooling yourself.   Back in the 80s and 90s we still had about 1400 to 1500 kids and the bigger schools were a lot closer enrollment wise. They have grown and we have remained the same all the years enrollment wise  .I was not in favor of the split when it happened, nor was the big majority of L.C.,  but, it is here and we have to deal with it. And now really looking at it in the long run it might be best for both schools cause it did allow us to drop down in classification which helps us be a lot more competitive.   I guarantee you Coach Thomas, the coaching staff, and those kids want to win championships as bad as ever. Hopefully this will allow both of us a chance to win them again. B)

I've probably spent more time on the Mac threads than on this one.  It's a sign that I've lost focus, which makes me realize that the Pirates may have lost some focus.  All this talk of Mac, plus knowing that Fayetteville's #32 is out of the game, may lead to some of our boys thinking of things other than Friday's game.  Let's get behind them and help them regain focus and remember that this is still an important step on the road to Cookeville.

I've probably spent more time on the Mac threads than on this one.  It's a sign that I've lost focus, which makes me realize that the Pirates may have lost some focus.  All this talk of Mac, plus knowing that Fayetteville's #32 is out of the game, may lead to some of our boys thinking of things other than Friday's game.  Let's get behind them and help them regain focus and remember that this is still an important step on the road to Cookeville.

The players better realize 32 went out early in the game when Fayteville was down 14 to 0 and came back to win that game without #32. 

HELLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! BOYS YOU GOTTA GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!! YOU GOTTA GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!! DONT LISTEN TO THIS NONSENSE UP THE ROAD!! YOU JUST TAKE CARE OF THAT P BABY!

Listen up boys we got a game to play Friday!! Dont lose focus on the task at hand!! THESE BOYS ARE COMING TO HIT YOU IN THE MOUTH!!! YOU BETTER GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!!! FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS!! Dont worry about this side show down the road. WE ARE SOUTH PITTSBURG!!! GET READY TO HIT SOMEBODY!!!

Woooo Hooo . . .