Week 2: Maryville at Knox West

BigDave1967

Riverdanceron, Pepvol and Rebel78 are getting old Stars. Heard Ron was shopping for a new leash. No word if it was for the dog or him. Pepvol was spotted at the feed store. His guitar playing ain't workin on them sheep any more. Rebel78 broke the rules and went into the man cave. Last check he was cloaked in grey sweats and stuck in his chair. Them cats can't adjust!

#7.....att leest '78 cawled and sed he wuz att tha volleybawl gaim......

And yore rite...Large John wood knott haiv ben haipy wif thair uhhhhh.....purrformunce..... :popcorneater:

Real good high school football game. Congrats to the knox rebels for how they performed and competed. They made plays on both offense and defense to stay in the game. They looked well coached to me. Congrats to the murvil rebels on a hard earned win. This is a different team that must grind it out at times. I thought the key to the game was the 2-3 series in the first half when murvil had the ball in west territory and didn't get points. A big play later, and the game was suddenly in reach. The qb has taken some criticism, so he should get some credit for last night. But a lot of players contributed and murvil needed all of them. Good game.

BTW-don't park inside the gate at the UT intramural field when you go to west. Those gates got locked before we got to our cars -typical UT!

Eye uhgee sx.....Tyler Vaught played a vurry good gaim.....He reeminds me moore ov Alex Rouse evurtime eye sea him.....Tall, faist and a good runnur.....

Ewe know yore inn a tuff gaim when'st tha Mairvul sideline gits a 15 yardur, att leest 4 flags ere picked upp durin' tha gaim, ewe git a cupple fantumm holdin' cawls down clost, a Mairvul LB reecuvvers a fumbull and West reetains possesshun, and West gits a furst down onn a encompleet paiss...... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Eye uhgee sx.....Tyler Vaught played a vurry good gaim.....He reeminds me moore ov Alex Rouse evurtime eye sea him.....Tall, faist and a good runnur.....

Ewe know yore inn a tuff gaim when'st tha Mairvul sideline gits a 15 yardur, att leest 4 flags ere picked upp durin' tha gaim, ewe git a cupple fantumm holdin' cawls down clost, a Mairvul LB reecuvvers a fumbull and West reetains possesshun, and West gits a furst down onn a encompleet paiss...... :popcorneater:

Shady calls on both sides in my opinion

Yep, between the rain delay and the calls/no calls, it was hard for both teams to get going. Was the penalty on murvil's sideline for not staying back off the field? Was it just me, or did somebody get #28's attention at the half? He looked like a different player after halftime.

I agree 100% with your earlier post. I liked the last 2 plays of the game. Some might have subbed and let those guys "play hard" and stick it in. Without a doubt, that is the number 1 thing I like about our old ball coach. Act like you've been there. :thumb:

The officiating was horrible.  Both teams deserved better.  How can they be that bad?

I hope they just had a bad night and aren't really that bad.  I believe they liked being on TV and was trying to outdo each other.  One of the worst calls went against West.  West threw a screen pass to #5 BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE and was flagged for ineligible receiver down field.  Amazing!

Edited by OldRebel2

Random TV observations.

1. West is a dang good football team.  #5 and #7 for them are straight up ballplayers.  They have got to be the favorites to win 5A.

2. Maryville has a fast defense.  Was also glad to see Jackson make some plays.  Surprised they didn't double him more when they went to his side.

3. Thought Q3 was the best the Maryville line has played this year.

4. It's all about adjustments.

5. Vaught does a lot of things very, very well.  Still needs to fine tune the passing.  He has improved though.  As the passing game continues to improve, this team is going to become very fun to watch.

6. Officiating was atrocious.  Beyond atrocious actually.  T$$AA has got to figure something out re: refs.  I know there is a shortage, but something has got to give.

7. At some point, kickoff coverage is going to cost this team.

8. I cannot stand listening to Mark Packer.  Sadly, he wasn't the worst Packer on TV last night.

• Upvote 1