Mairvul heads ovur two Fultun

STARSNBARS

Other than the miserable PA system on the visitors side that was 5 times louder than needed, Fulton has a great field and a super place to play football. They got some great players. #6 and 24 can both really play. And there are others. They are very well coached and appear to have great support. Good luck to their program the rest of the way.

Falling behind by 14 let Murvil find out about their team last night. A few that stood out to me were #'s 22, 8, 81, 3, and 44. Great effort by all those guys. A shout out to the kicker and the O-line. Fulton was bringing the house most plays. Saw some hard work by all the Murvil trainers -looked like a m.a.s.h unit behind the sidelines. Hopefully, there were no serious injuries for either team.

One more thing-how about those knoxville referees! #easymoney

#88 too

Jordan Ervin was awesome last night. He showed some quickness and good cutting ability.

I thought Jacob McCarter played well. Fulton wasn't running the ball up the middle when he came in. Huge play by Trewan Purdy on taking the ball away. It changed the game. Matt Young was great last night.

As STARS said earlier Christian Markham is a darn good player.

Deshwaun Page was Fulton's best defensive player. Only a sophomore. He will be heavily recruited. Shaton Mobely is really good. Zack Dobson is a jet. Wish UT would take him. I don't care how tall he is. Kid can fly.

Maryville played a little sloppy but still played well. Huge win.

general thoughts

Fulton has amazing skill speed.

that said, I was not impressed with their lane play

I'm not sure why Fulton didn't attempt that slant route more.

Maryville line wore them down

22 had a performance that's going to be talked about for years and years to come

rebels need a deep threat to appear for November

agreed Solly.

Maryville played as sloppy of a game as they could and still beat an impressive Falcon team. Need to shore up the secondary and LB play a little but experience will help there. Oline found themselves last night when all the hype and delays burned off. I think the REBELS learned alot about themselves last night and some leadership emerged.  Remember lots of youngins on the 1s this season.

I wished Maryville could play more teams like Fulton in the regular season. Stacking the LOS and playing man is how you slow down a Maryville offense. Unfortunately there are few teams like a Fulton in East Tennessee. Alcoa will test Maryville.....

Goodur points ML.....

Eye thaink tha most possytive thang wuz iz thait we rushed for moore thain 300 yards wif tha box stacked full.....Fultun played Pickle rilly well on tha zoan read two....Thair 2 inside 'backers ere monsters... :popcorneater:

Way to go Rebels. I thought the first half was compelling football. Second half you know the story- hard for a smaller school, even a very talented AAAA school, to run with a AAAAAA school for four quarters. Still a fun game to watch. Good to see the Rebels respond to being down. Good luck the rest of the way Falcons. Beat Catholic a couple of times and get another gold ball on Broadway.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I look for Bearden to give Maryville a good game. A lot of their coaches are ex Maryville players from just a few years ago and they seem to have things running very well right now and all of them understand how the Maryville system runs and operates. I would circle this one to keep an eye on.

You're giving Shinlever way too much credit. He's the only coach that I know of who played at Maryville and he's not even a Quarles guy, he is a Hammontree guy. I know we've run the same offense since mid 97, but he wasn't an offensive player and the only coach left over from when he played still on the staff besides Quarles is Ellis.

You're giving Shinlever way too much credit. He's the only coach that I know of who played at Maryville and he's not even a Quarles guy, he is a Hammontree guy. I know we've run the same offense since mid 97, but he wasn't an offensive player and the only coach left over from when he played still on the staff besides Quarles is Ellis.

There's several "Maryville" coaches out there who are " Quarles guys"