South Pitt vs Greenback (Grider against this Ryan and KilPatrick')

Roy Dillard

ok first -calm down lol shake your head lol- I have one screenname - unlike you - not debating it because you know it's true -

if you know pegleg , Pirate Mike or Pirate Tom or beerman or oneeyewilly outside of coacht they can tell you who I am no secrets here ; just ask? be glad to friend you on Facebook -

All mentioned above feel free to tell Bass my real name if he ask you outside of coacht.

With that said my apologies - I want to try this once more.

(Come to steverinos early I'll buy you the beverage of your choice! )

Ambassador my perception of your predictions is you have been a little off your mark this season compared to seasons past , so maybe that trend don't change and the east can surprise you in the championship game as well, I am really hoping the east can compete in 2016. Better?

We got you covered Pirate 87

ok first -calm down lol shake your head lol- I have one screenname - unlike you - not debating it because you know it's true -

if you know pegleg , Pirate Mike or Pirate Tom or beerman or oneeyewilly outside of coacht they can tell you who I am no secrets here ; just ask? be glad to friend you on Facebook -

All mentioned above feel free to tell Bass my real name if he ask you outside of coacht.

With that said my apologies - I want to try this once more.

(Come to steverinos early I'll buy you the beverage of your choice! )

Ambassador my perception of your predictions is you have been a little off your mark this season compared to seasons past , so maybe that trend don't change and the east can surprise you in the championship game as well, I am really hoping the east can compete in 2016. Better?

I agree the "Ambassador/Roy Dillard/Oldpirate/whoknowshowmanyscreennamesthisguyhas" has been off on most of his predictions. It start last year when he picked Columbia Academy to come to Cooper field and drill us. Maybe that was the beginning of his downfall.

I'm sure all but that ignorant Female knows this......... HAHAHAHA! You are trying to get ladykee fired up, whew that might do it.ðŸ˜

You well know I am not the typical skillet slinger, lol! I probably know more about football than Geno or maybe not. I would bet I have watched more football unless he is 100 years old. I only posted because of Spike and just wanted to see how little it would take for a "skillet slinger" to get under the skin of some SP posters. Obviously it doesn't take much. Very little straight football talk and I am a little too serious for this thread. Yap on!

I agree the "Ambassador/Roy Dillard/Oldpirate/whoknowshowmanyscreennamesthisguyhas" has been off on most of his predictions. It start last year when he picked Columbia Academy to come to Cooper field and drill us. Maybe that was the beginning of his downfall.

Good to see your feeling better!!What a game this should be!Two of the older 1A playoff schools.SP is the measuring stick for the rest of us and I am ready to see just how we measure up Fri!All this computer and poll stuff is fun to read(and look at)but this one gets settle behind a set of shoulder pads!The way it is supposed to.Two more days gentlemen then a war insues!

I particularly like the greenback fan base.. went to a game there that we were not on the visitor sideline, and it felt like a place I could watch football. Good eats, friendly people, a team with alot of similarities to what I'm used to seeing in SP.

Keep reading ah, if we out score them, or stop them from scoring... well.... duh doesn't take a huge football IQ to know that.

These are two hard hitting football teams. They will clash for 4 qtrs, one will move on. Right now I have no idea which one it will be.

2 things bother me.. this is the last time I will see 55 on vic grider field. 2 could be the last time I see him play football period. If we get beat, it won't be from lack of coaching, lack of effort, or lack of beerman cheering.

I particularly like the greenback fan base.. went to a game there that we were not on the visitor sideline, and it felt like a place I could watch football. Good eats, friendly people, a team with alot of similarities to what I'm used to seeing in SP.

Keep reading ah, if we out score them, or stop them from scoring... well.... duh doesn't take a huge football IQ to know that.

These are two hard hitting football teams. They will clash for 4 qtrs, one will move on. Right now I have no idea which one it will be.

2 things bother me.. this is the last time I will see 55 on vic grider field. 2 could be the last time I see him play football period. If we get beat, it won't be from lack of coaching, lack of effort, or lack of beerman cheering.

Good Post!That last game they play is a tough one just knowing it is over!

Well, it took 29 years but the semifinal matchup that people were waiting on is finally here.  If you are over 40 you may remember it, but if you are under 35 you probably have no clue what I am about to talk about.  It was 1987, and just like this season everyone back then was predicting South Pittsburg vs. Greenback in the matchup to determine who went on to play for the golden football.  2 years earlier the Pirates had crushed Greenback on their way to playing in the state championship game.  But this year the Cherokees had circled the date on their calendars.  While Greenback was waiting on sweet revenge, the Pirates were hoping to capture that elusive golden trophy which had escaped their grasp for 2 years in a row.  When the playoffs arrived, South Pittsburg blew past Oneida and Ezell Harding as Greenback was squeaking past Copper Basin and blowing out Coalfied.  What was to be the game of the year in class A was on the horizon and everyone was talking about it.  The media came down to interview people and discuss the possible rematch in the semifinals.  Unfortunately someone forgot to tell Gordonsville that they were supposed to get out of our way.  While Greenback was easing past Franklin Road Academy, we were getting hammered by Gordonsville on one of the coldest nights that I can remember.  And two weeks later Greenback went on to win the only state championship in school history.  So now here we are nearly 3 full decades later.  And just as in '87, most people thought that it would be these two teams meeting in the semifinals to represent the east.  On Friday night 2 storied programs will lay it on the line and when it's over let's be proud and celebrate what both teams have accomplished this season. Then next week one can go on and represent the east while the other stays home like we did way back then and think about what might have been.  Good luck to both teams, safe travels to our friends from Greenback and GO PIRATES!

Well, it took 29 years but the semifinal matchup that people were waiting on is finally here. If you are over 40 you may remember it, but if you are under 35 you probably have no clue what I am about to talk about. It was 1987, and just like this season everyone back then was predicting South Pittsburg vs. Greenback in the matchup to determine who went on to play for the golden football. 2 years earlier the Pirates had crushed Greenback on their way to playing in the state championship game. But this year the Cherokees had circled the date on their calendars. While Greenback was waiting on sweet revenge, the Pirates were hoping to capture that elusive golden trophy which had escaped their grasp for 2 years in a row. When the playoffs arrived, South Pittsburg blew past Oneida and Ezell Harding as Greenback was squeaking past Copper Basin and blowing out Coalfied. What was to be the game of the year in class A was on the horizon and everyone was talking about it. The media came down to interview people and discuss the possible rematch in the semifinals. Unfortunately someone forgot to tell Gordonsville that they were supposed to get out of our way. While Greenback was easing past Franklin Road Academy, we were getting hammered by Gordonsville on one of the coldest nights that I can remember. And two weeks later Greenback went on to win the only state championship in school history. So now here we are nearly 3 full decades later. And just as in '87, most people thought that it would be these two teams meeting in the semifinals to represent the east. On Friday night 2 storied programs will lay it on the line and when it's over let's be proud and celebrate what both teams have accomplished this season. Then next week one can go on and represent the east while the other stays home like we did way back then and think about what might have been. Good luck to both teams, safe travels to our friends from Greenback and GO PIRATES!

That was a great post and a bit of a history lesson to some of the outsiders as well as some of the younger generation.I was an eighth grader in 85 standing on the visitors sideline freezing g to death watching our young team get hammered by Pitt and the ever elusive Jonny Sisco(AKA the Sisco kid).We had a ton of SRS in 87 and I got the privilege as a sophomore to start on that great defense we had that year.We also was supposed to get hammered by that Gville team in the semis at least that's what most folks across TN thought but that 87 team was a team of brothers you all down there know exactly what that means when I say it.What a memory it is to recollect as I read your post.Thank you for posting that is a classic!When folks talk about tradition that is what it is!

Don't forget the classic pregame excuse of "if we don't beat ourselves" :roflol:

Travel for Fri.We plan on taking the scenic route 27,111 thru Dunlap and 28 down thru Jasper and eat dinner at your famous Stevorinos to avoid that crazy interstate,anything to avoid that way???Thanks for the input.

you should be well ahead of the Alcoa and Austin E traffic so no problems that I foresee. Where 28 ends at I-24 the Western Sizzling Steak Buffet better suits my idea of hardy food. Besides some of proceeds goes to the Jasper deficit fund, that they used to pay that Ex coach.