Waverly vs Trezevant

vandyfan1

Gerry, I tried to explain to them it didn't mean I don't like them. It's just my prediction from studying and researching the teams. I have had Trezevant on top of 2A the entire season with a big gap between them and Marion County and Austin East. Those are the three best teams with Mitchell a close fourth. Waverly is a top 6-7 team. What's wrong with that? I remember a lot of years we at SP haven't been up to snuff and I would free admit we were over ranked. Our team this year is a top 5-6 team, but I'm smart enough to know how strong the west is again.

I have always respected your posts and I definitely think you are spot on again. EdMo and I have seen Trez up close and personal. Waverly is going to be shocked at Richardson's size, speed and power. They also have other studs on the team. Waverly has a shot for the following reasons. 1. Trez has the potential to self implode with penalties and mistakes(that's how Marion kept it close last year) 2. Special teams. Waverly is probably more disciplined. 3. 9 Seniors on D. Waverly will not blow Trez out but Trez could blow Waverly out. If Teli White goes to the wildcat it's over. Waverly won't stop Richardson. Bass is right, 2A football doesn't see 4 or 5 star recruits that often. Goldsmith was a 3 star for us and he ran all over 2A teams and let me assure you.........Richardson is another level up on Goldsmith and is 15 pounds heavier and a step faster. That's really scary! If Waverly can get penetration and hit him behind the line of scrimmage they can stop him otherwise he will roll. Richardson will be bigger than all of your defensive starters with exception of one or two. Hope the winner wins the Gold Ball.

I have always respected your posts and I definitely think you are spot on again. EdMo and I have seen Trez up close and personal. Waverly is going to be shocked at Richardson's size, speed and power. They also have other studs on the team. Waverly has a shot for the following reasons. 1. Trez has the potential to self implode with penalties and mistakes(that's how Marion kept it close last year) 2. Special teams. Waverly is probably more disciplined. 3. 9 Seniors on D. Waverly will not blow Trez out but Trez could blow Waverly out. If Teli White goes to the wildcat it's over. Waverly won't stop Richardson. Bass is right, 2A football doesn't see 4 or 5 star recruits that often. Goldsmith was a 3 star for us and he ran all over 2A teams and let me assure you.........Richardson is another level up on Goldsmith and is 15 pounds heavier and a step faster. That's really scary! If Waverly can get penetration and hit him behind the line of scrimmage they can stop him otherwise he will roll. Richardson will be bigger than all of your defensive starters with exception of one or two. Hope the winner wins the Gold Ball.

Good post and exactly the way I see it as well. People have a hard time grasping what we're saying until it's up close and personal. You're right about last year as well. I said last year Marion County would roll until Trezevant and then they would lose decisively. The game was closer than it should have been due to Trezevant mistakes and Marion's coaching. The ONLY way Trezevant loses or has a really close game the next two weeks is from self destructing and turning the ball over.

Trezevant 42

Waverly 14

Intense is correct on all points. Vandy,Laces,redneck you all are doing what you are supposed to be doing. Pumping up your boys and believing in them. I myself have picked y'all to win but it is more for the underdog and we know how it is to be picked against. It was that way every round for us last year. The truth is your boys will be crossing a chalk line tonight to face men. Richardson is nothing like your boys have ever seen. Intense and I have no problem stating the facts last year. We knew before the game started it was over. But we still pumped up our boys and told them they could do it. You guys do the same thing tonight. Tell them they can do this and win. Just be ready when the game is over and your boys look at you and say "y'all lied to us". That is exactly what our boys told us after the game. Good luck rooting for ya. But money says it is going to be a long night.

Edited by BigEdMo

Good post and exactly the way I see it as well. People have a hard time grasping what we're saying until it's up close and personal. You're right about last year as well. I said last year Marion County would roll until Trezevant and then they would lose decisively. The game was closer than it should have been due to Trezevant mistakes and Marion's coaching. The ONLY way Trezevant loses or has a really close game the next two weeks is from self destructing and turning the ball over.

Trezevant 42

Waverly 14

Well I have watched a couple of Trezs films and of course you know I know who Mr.Richardson is....BUT that team has more than him!That's why I have Trez picked because they have a load of talent,add Richardson to the mix and Oh My gosh at the athletes!!!That Mitchell and Trez game was a joy to watch!!!

Well I have watched a couple of Trezs films and of course you know I know who Mr.Richardson is....BUT that team has more than him!That's why I have Trez picked because they have a load of talent,add Richardson to the mix and Oh My gosh at the athletes!!!That Mitchell and Trez game was a joy to watch!!!

Definitely agree with you 100%! Their backup RB last year was a soph and he would have been a star on any other team. The key is discipline. They got a penalty on the initial kickoff last year against us and was backed up to the 8......didn't matter......Richardson ran next play 87 yards to the 5 after my son jumped on his back at the 20! Ha He carried him on his back 15 yards before he wrestled him down! They scored on the next play. If They eliminate the penalties they will be dangerous.

I will honestly say I've got some thick blue shades and I know it's gonna be a battle we haven't seen yet but I believe Waverly has a shot. Trezevant's offense is dangerous I know but if we can keep them off the field and keep it low scoring I believe we can have a nice ride back home! Just don't appreciate the comment referring to if waverly wins then that will hand the gold ball to the east. Ready to see this game already! Hoping for a good close injury free game!

Yes, I agree with you. Those are the two best teams in the west. The athletes on the field was unreal.