Quarles leaving Maryville

GC_Quincy

Over the past few years I've got on here and fussed about the turnout to see a Maryville home game and personally thought a lot of those people that chose to do something else on Friday Night because they were a little bit bored with the same results have taken things for granted and thought GQ would stay forever. I can't blame him for seeking another avenue when the man went through the H e l l of his life with the painful hip surgery he dealt with this year only to turn around and look into the stands against D-B and see the place 80% empty. Even MLREB mentioned how upset he was that week and a few others which I share the same pain because we all love the Rebels. We all wish GQ much success at Furman and I for one am very grateful for all the years and time he gave to Maryville when most coaches would have taken the first chance at the big time and moved on. Yesterday I heard from people I haven't talked to in years carry on like the Munchkins in the Wizard of OZ when the house fell on the witch celebrating the end of the Maryville Dynasty. I look forward to next year and will support the Rebels whoever takes the job and will back them 100%.