South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Grider against that Clemons man)

Roy Dillard

6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I don’t have a lot of confidence. We let Monterey hang around. I hope you are right though. Let’s just see this team compete and play well. Whatever happens happens. 

Monterey had a good game plan. They drained the play clock every play. 

When you win a game 53-15 the contest was never really close.  It's just the way the game seemed to crawl along and anyone there knows the officials didn't have a grip on anything going on. 

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

Monterey had a good game plan. They drained the play clock every play. 

When you win a game 53-15 the contest was never really close.  It's just the way the game seemed to crawl along and anyone there knows the officials didn't have a grip on anything going on. 

You at probably right. SP scored 53 points after Monterey drained the play clock. I look for Gordy to try and follow suit as well. The Jungle is a tough place to play. SP needs to play well and get some confidence. Have you heard if we have completed the new schedule yet?

6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

You at probably right. SP scored 53 points after Monterey drained the play clock. I look for Gordy to try and follow suit as well. The Jungle is a tough place to play. SP needs to play well and get some confidence. Have you heard if we have completed the new schedule yet?

The last I heard we were needing one game but I can't confirm any of it.  I don't think the TSSAA wants anyone signing any scheduled contracts as of now because there will be a little bit of movement in the classes due to mid cycle enrollments.  

I think everything now is just verbal agreements.

I look for the movement to be done in a week or so. Then the signing to start. 

All of this is mainly conjecture though. 

7 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Hard for players to get confidence when fans start losing it. 

17 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Hard for players to get confidence when fans start losing it. 

I don't think it's as much as losing confidence as it is a reality check. Perception is reality. Right now, the perception is, we aren't as good as we were last year. Some years it wouldn't matter, as your competition may not be as good either.  The reality is, our competition this year IS better.

We just want to play our best at this time of the season like Bass said. If we have it in us, then it's time to unleash it. 

Even if it isn't enough, it will go a long way towards next year. 

Edited by Southtowner

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I don't think it's as much as losing confidence as it is a reality check. Perception is reality. Right now the perception is we aren't as good as we were last year. Some years it wouldn't matter as you competition may not be as good either.  The reality is our competition this year IS better than they were last year.  

We just want to play our best at this time of the season like Bass said. If we have it in us then it's time to unleash it. 

Even if it isn't enough it will go a long way towards next year. 

True but Bass also said he don’t have a lot of confidence. I know deep down y’all support those boys as much as any fans, but never lose confidence. As far as this game....Pirates by 38. 

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

I don't think it's as much as losing confidence as it is a reality check. Perception is reality. Right now, the perception is, we aren't as good as we were last year. Some years it wouldn't matter, as your competition may not be as good either.  The reality is, our competition this year IS better.

We just want to play our best at this time of the season like Bass said. If we have it in us, then it's time to unleash it. 

Even if it isn't enough, it will go a long way towards next year. 

Well said..

1 hour ago, sum1uno said:

True but Bass also said he don’t have a lot of confidence. I know deep down y’all support those boys as much as any fans, but never lose confidence. As far as this game....Pirates by 38. 

When you witness something over and over all season it’s hard to have confidence it’s going to change. I’m not saying it can’t, but until it does I’m keeping it in perspective with my expectations. 

Still a lot of fight left in our boys. We’ve seen glimpses of what they are capable of doing. Putting it together for a four quarter game is a must from here on out. Lay it all on the line at the Jungle Friday night from the moment you step off that bus. Leave no doubt that the Pirates are there to play from the opening kickoff until the last horn sounds. 

We fans will be there to support you and we will be loud! Go Pirates!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, croz6110 said:

You see, RTD is helping us hustle SP. They're gonna load the box per RTD's instructions, and we'll break out the "Greatest Show on Grass."

Last time I seen you play agonist TC you’ll have no passing game to speak of and no speed at all 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

Still a lot of fight left in our boys. We’ve seen glimpses of what they are capable of doing. Putting it together for a four quarter game is a must from here on out. Lay it all on the line at the Jungle Friday night from the moment you step off that bus. Leave no doubt that the Pirates are there to play from the opening kickoff until the last horn sounds. 

We fans will be there to support you and we will be loud! Go Pirates!

Good post!  They seemed to play with a lot more fire Friday night and  not so much of just going through the motions.     

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1