Best Team In The State

WoodlawnFalcons

9 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

I’m not sure Greenville gets out of the quarterfinals in 6A. They certainly don’t get to Cookeville. 

This year’s team yes they would!  Oakland is best 6a team and both Greeneville Or Alcoa could play with them easily.  I am sure it would be a dog fight because all 3 are powerhouses!  Regardless we have a lot of great teams in the state of TN and it would be great to have some kind of playoff/championship game to determine who was really the best team in the whole state.  Until then it’s all going to be biased opinions.  

Edited by Romansfive8

27 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

You can fight with the Maryville fans on whether you’d beaten them, but you would have never beaten Oakland. The moral victory would have been scoring. 

There’s no doubt in my mind that they could have after watching both teams play, and yea that’s my opinion, just like your opinion thinking they couldn’t. But oh well, we’ll never know this year!  Maryville did beat Oakland once this year, they just didn’t do it when it counted the most.  

Edited by Romansfive8

I hope we can at least keep our 4A championship after this IML thread.Congratulations to all the teams that won gold balls.Do I think any number of teams could beat any other team in the state on any given Friday or Saturday,SURE I do.Is my team one of them,SURE it is.Now the real questions .Is there going to be another playoff to prove it ? Is any of our opinions going to change anyone elses opinion.I say NO and NO .

This is what I really like about the last few years in college football.I would get so mad when the Rose ,Sugar,and Orange bowls would have those crap matchups and the biased media and coaches would then pick two or three national champs.Love to see them extend it to eight teams.You take last year and Alabama compared to 25 years ago in the same situation.They would have been playing a crap bowl  game for  pride.If they had gone to Eight teams, Georgia wouldn't have been penalized this year for the SEC championship loss.This thread is much like 25 years ago and voting.Oakland would have gotten the srews because of their loss to Maryville earlier.Cpa ,Alcoa and Greeneville would have taken a hit for not destroying 100% of their opponents.If any of these top 10 teams played a perfect game and forced a few turnovers,PLUS maybe a few more factors.There is no doubt they could run any other team off the field.Oakland is without question one of the best teams I seen this weekend and without question the perfect example of what I'm saying.

• Like 1