Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

The regular season means nothing. If Greenfield goes undefeated great for them and if they lose a game it will be ok.  They have more talent than any single a school in the state and everybody’s pick to win the state championship except for Loretto fans. But nobody is just going to roll over and hand them the trophy, refer back to last year if you think I am wrong.

4 minutes ago, lionsupport said:

The regular season means nothing. If Greenfield goes undefeated great for them and if they lose a game it will be ok.  They have more talent than any single a school in the state and everybody’s pick to win the state championship except for Loretto fans. But nobody is just going to roll over and hand them the trophy, refer back to last year if you think I am wrong.

That is what I have been saying. Any time any comment is made of how a game plan might possibly have a chance of beating them doesn't mean we are not giving them credit. For the record, I like Greenfield Fan. He is a good guy and I am glad I got to meet him even if Greenfield does beat us. If someone put a good to my head, I would pick them over the AAA team. If they weren't great, we wouldn't be talking about them every post.

I guess I’m kind of an old school guy. Greenfield reminds me of the Gleason/Bradford teams back in the 90’s. They are special and especially impressive for schools that size. They have a tenacious press and defense and if you can get past that they have a offense that is almost impossible to stop. Every player on the starting 5 can score. Just hard to stop. But like was stated in earlier posts, anything can happen. I can’t remember the year but Gleason was undefeated going into the regionals. They had already beat the Single A Double A and Triple A champions earlier in the season and got knocked out opening round of the region to a team they had blown out earlier in the year. I’ve only seen them once this year but I don’t think there is a Single A team that can beat them. Very very tough 

On 12/3/2019 at 10:49 AM, lionsupport said:

Agreed.

Greenfield 50

Loretto 44

Good basketball game from two of top teams in the state in any class. Greenfield had its worst shooting game and still won. I am sure Loretto May have  helped to caused us a poor shooting night but we missed 9 layups some uncontested. You don’t see Tennessee head coach Kelly Jolly at many single A games but she was there tonight. Alot of talent on the floor tonight.  Carlie is a great player but Chloe Moore took her to school in the 4 quarter. Chloe was the best player on the court again tonight. 

PS. I don’t want to hear any more about Westview and how they would beat Greenfield.There Is no comparison in those two teams. 

26 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield 50

Loretto 44

Good basketball game from two of top teams in the state in any class. Greenfield had its worst shooting game and still won. I am sure Loretto May have  helped to caused us a poor shooting night but we missed 9 layups some uncontested. You don’t see Tennessee head coach Kelly Jolly at many single A games but she was there tonight. Alot of talent on the floor tonight.  Carlie is a great player but Chloe Moore took her to school in the 4 quarter. Chloe was the best player on the court again tonight. 

PS. I don’t want to hear any more about Westview and how they would beat Greenfield.There Is no comparison in those two teams. 

As a Mustangs fan, I’m hopeful for a rematch in March!

35 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield 50

Loretto 44

No doubt Chloe was best one on the floor. She couldn’t be stopped in the 4th quarter

On 12/1/2019 at 1:30 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

Westview Will beat Gibson County as bad as they want. Call it get even for last year and they will. 

I owe the Gibson County fans an apology, great game tonight.  I was tickled to death to see you pound Westview. It would have been easy to gave up early. Congratulations on a great win against Westview. You proved to me you are a lot better team than I gave you credit and by season end you will be even better. 

To the fans that keep saying Westview would beat Greenfield every year please don’t go there ever again. Westview will not play Greenfield and now you see why. Everybody in Greenfield has wanted to play Westview the last 5-6 years but they won’t play us. Just watch next year they will try and schedule us. The two teams are not even close. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

6 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I owe the Gibson County fans an apology, great game tonight.  I was tickled to death to see you pound Westview. It would have been easy to gave up early. Congratulations on a great win against Westview. You proved to me you are a lot better team than I gave you credit and by season end you will be even better. 

To the fans that keep saying Westview would beat Greenfield every year please don’t go there ever again. Westview will not play Greenfield and now you see why. Everybody in Greenfield has wanted to play Westview the last 5-6 years but they won’t play us. Just watch next year they will try and schedule us. The two teams are not even close. 

Make up your mind!! 

19 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

To the fans that keep saying Westview would beat Greenfield every year please don’t go there ever again. Westview will not play Greenfield and now you see why. Everybody in Greenfield has wanted to play Westview the last few years but they won’t play us. Just watch next year they will try and schedule us. The two teams are not even close. 

I'm extremely delighted that we beat Westview tonight. We get up for that game and have since our AA days.  We needed that game for us. Full strength or not for WV, we got the W against WV and we're proud. But what I can't understand is your hatred toward Westview?? Over the last 6-7 years, only 3 Single A teams have beaten them with us being the one who does it consistently. With their current situation, I agree now that Greenfield would beat them 2x this year...but this has not been the case for the last decade. You're extremely disrespectful to a lot of talented and good players that have went through and are in their program. What really astonishes me is that Westview beat a South Side team by 30 plus last year that GF lost to twice and one was a total blowout until the refs let you back in the game at Gibson County. I hope the Callins girl heals up and I wouldn't want any of your 3 big guns to get hurt this year either, but I would suggest that you better be careful about what you're spewing over there. That negativity seems to role around when the fanbases get out of control and spiteful. I congratulate Greenfield on a great win and I was pulling for you because of our proximity and I know a lot of your top players. This is the most talented Greenfield team I've ever seen. We once had that too in the Butler days, but those years don't come around too often. And according to your statement about everyone wanting to play them....does that include your Coach or are you the spokesman for the Greenfield Lady Jackets? Other coaches in our district/region have a different account than what you're putting out about Westview dodging Greenfield the last few years.  

Congrats to Greenfield on a great win. It was an awesome game with a lot of D1 talent on the floor. Great job by Gibson County and we're thankful for our win. Our girls needed it and hopefully we'll keep getting better as the season goes. Nothing is given, it's all earned and tonight we earned it. 

Edited by SuperFan14A
spelling
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Your apology is accepted. I have said some things I shouldn't have said as well. Bottom line is we are all very passionate for our teams. Greenfield and Westview are both two of the best teams in the state in all classes. Good luck to both going forward!!

• Like 1