Clinton

Opie Shaggnasty

6 minutes ago, DragonFan12 said:

I love the location of the field. We need to do some work to the locker rooms there but that’s about it. I think we have a neat setup already stadium wise.

Didn't realize it was a few blocks from the school until now when I pulled it up on google earth.  What I like about their field is that it's close to the field like Maryville and Alcoa football fields and no silly track around it like most schools have.

Clinton's stadium is unique, and I would think has a lot of history.  How long has that field been in use by CHS?  They should make upgrades to the existing facility, unless there are issues with it.  I would have expected inspections to the entire site when they put in the new home side a few years ago.

Hearing this morning that an announcement is coming shortly.  Someone has been offered and they are simply finalizing things.  I could be wrong though.  Just what I was told this morning.  I was also told that there are 2 candidates and either way Clinton will end up with both of them.  One as HC and one as a coordinator.

37 minutes ago, Pinocchio007 said:

This means they stayed in HOUSE for the Hire. 

No.  What I'm saying is that the 2 top candidates are both coordinators.  One is an offensive coordinator and also a HC at one time.  One is a defensive coordinator for his respective school.  Whichever one get the HC spot the other gets his coordinator spot whether it be offense or defense.  That's what was being talked about today.

14 minutes ago, LG1977 said:

No.  What I'm saying is that the 2 top candidates are both coordinators.  One is an offensive coordinator and also a HC at one time.  One is a defensive coordinator for his respective school.  Whichever one get the HC spot the other gets his coordinator spot whether it be offense or defense.  That's what was being talked about today.

I know who the DC is you speak of. I hope he gets it, definitely deserves a chance. Either way sounds like Clinton will finally get a good coach.

35 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I know who the DC is you speak of. I hope he gets it, definitely deserves a chance. Either way sounds like Clinton will finally get a good coach.

Glad that we are apparently getting a good coach but I feel bad for them honestly. They will get treated like gold until Clinton starts losing games. Hopefully they can bring some talent in with them bc we have hardly any right now 

31 minutes ago, DragonVol said:

I’m hearing Kevin Lane is the guy. If so... heck of a hire by the dragons. Dude can flat out coach. 

Beginning of the end if they hire this guy. Always had a great following at West. Made everyone think he made West what it was when Cummings was HC there. Hung around wanting the job even though he was not qualified in Knox county to be HC. Hung around West and West players even after he did not get the job and tried to submarine Harig while he was at West. I guess Clinton and this guy will be a good match. They hired Mckamey didn't they?