Media Received our Mr. Football Ballots today!

FridayMainEvent

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Just a question and I am very sincere when I ask this. What do you really know about a kid from the west? Example Tanner Snyder or Larry Tubbs from Lake County or the Ensley kid from Huntingdon. Ya'll do an excellent job of coving middle Tn and east Tn but not so much from the west. I listen to y'all's show and enjoy it very much but the coverage from the west is way behind that of middle and east Tn. Mr. Football is more than numbers. I did get a chuckle out of you guys when yall said the Lake County/Dresden game was a pick em. Have you guys ever reached out to coach Puckett from Lake County or many other coaches from the west excluding Swenson and the Covington coach? I am not putting you guys down. Like I said I enjoy the show but the west has many good players and coaches also.

EDITED:  We did say that might be a close game, (we both picked Lake County) but it was early in the season and we thought Dresden would be better than they've proven to be.   

At any rate, you are correct, we probably have given much less coverage to West Tennessee that the other two..  I do make an effort to call Coaches over there at least every other week.    We've only made two trips outside Middle Tennessee to do our show and both were East.  As most know, we receive no money for what we do, so we have a full time job that dictates when we can take those trips.   We hope to plan a trip West next year.

We don't know about every kid on every team across the State.   That is exactly why I put up this thread to get information.   As I told someone else, if a kid is mentioned I haven't heard about, I'll go dig up HUDL video on them if it's available.   At least we are trying to gather information before casting a ballot.

Edited by FridayMainEvent

12 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

You know, I've been very patient with you, but I'm done with you.  I ask these questions on a Statewide format (CoachT) which happens to sponsor my show.   I COVER STATEWIDE!  EVERY WEEK I COVER GAMES STATEWIDE.   I INTERVIEW COACHES ON MY SHOW EVERY WEEK STATEWIDE!  WE ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT I KNOW OF WHO DO THAT.   

Why I'm wasting my time explaing myself to a jerkoff I have no idea.   It typically takes a lot to rile me up, sir, but congratulation.  You've done it!   This is the last response I'll waste my time directing at you.   Good luck to my good friend Eric Swenson who joins me frequently on my STATEWIDE show.   I hope to the Lord above he doesn't have to deal with too many fans like yourself.

I just ask you a question and you going to whine about it. How does me asking you something got anything to do with Swenson and fans jerkoff? If you riled up that easy you shouldn’t be reporting on sports sugar. 

Edited by horse

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

EDITED:  We did say that might be a close game, (we both picked Lake County) but it was early in the season and we thought Dresden would be better than they've proven to be.   

At any rate, you are correct, we probably have given much less coverage to West Tennessee that the other two..  I do make an effort to call Coaches over there at least every other week.    We've only made two trips outside Middle Tennessee to do our show and both were East.  As most know, we receive no money for what we do, so we have a full time job that dictates when we can take those trips.   We hope to plan a trip West next year.

We don't know about every kid on every team across the State.   That is exactly why I put up this thread to get information.   As I told someone else, if a kid is mentioned I haven't heard about, I'll go dig up HUDL video on them if it's available.   At least we are trying to gather information before casting a ballot.

Would love to see you guys come to Huntingdon for the semi finals for the ANTICIPATED game with Lake Co

1 minute ago, mrbigster said:

Theres a lot of kids from the west that could have the numbers.But when Hunt and LC are scoring 50 points at halftime. The subs come in and hurts their starters.Both teams along with South Pitts are unbeaten for a reason

I agree but GB will be as good. Both semi final games will be worth the drive

5 hours ago, 32hammer said:

A lot of folks don't realize that Rutgerson is a pretty good QB too. If Braden wasn't the Cherokee QB , Willis would still be putting up great numbers. As folks have already stated, he's a matchup nightmare for most teams. GB coaches would have found a way to get him the ball and Wyatt could have pulled the trigger.

Rutgerson is a phenomenal athlete for GB! He hasn’t stood out necessarily in one position this season, but that is not because of lack of ability. They play Rutgerson all over the field and he has shown to be dangerous at all of them! He is great out of the backfield, he can pull in tough catches and make big plays when they spread him out, and he has proven that he is more than capable to take snaps behind center. He is also lethal when returning kicks. Not to mention that he is a lockdown DB! Willis and Carnes are great ball players and I do not mean to take anything away from them, but Rutgerson has not received near the recognition that he deserves for his performances this season.

The GB squad is more than solid and should make their way deep into the playoffs, if not bring home a golden ball!

• Like 2