Milan searching for a new skipper..... again.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Teddy has burned the bridge of being a head coach again with his statement. And despite “not getting a fair chance” he’s known the players and he inherited a program that can be a contender for years to come. Unfortunately, Teddy didn’t do that. 5 of the 6 Milan losses this season was by 1 possession or fewer. If he had beaten Huntington, I still believe he has the job. If he escaped the McNairy game and one more game, I think he still has the job. Point is, Teddy didn’t finish at the end of the games, where it became crucial. In addition, Milan is starting to lose to their main rivals (Peabody (0-2) , Huntington (0-2) SGC (2-1 I believe, and Covington (1-2 I believe, could be wrong) on a consistent basis. 
I was shocked by this, but evaluating the program, I am not overly surprised.

If I’m not mistaken, two years ago I thought we mentioned the current coach at Westview to be Milan’s coach, but something about pay is why he didn’t get the job? Didn’t we mention that Milan didn’t get the big hire because of pay? Regardless, I don’t think Teddy was Milan’s first choice to begin with.

1 hour ago, Dawgforlife said:

Just praying they make a good decision for this group of boys. They have experienced a lot of transition and have been a very successful group through the years  

Yes they have. Would like to see them get someone who can mold them into good men from rat of all and help maximize their potential on the field second. 

34 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Teddy has burned the bridge of being a head coach again with his statement. And despite “not getting a fair chance” he’s known the players and he inherited a program that can be a contender for years to come. Unfortunately, Teddy didn’t do that. 5 of the 6 Milan losses this season was by 1 possession or fewer. If he had beaten Huntington, I still believe he has the job. If he escaped the McNairy game and one more game, I think he still has the job. Point is, Teddy didn’t finish at the end of the games, where it became crucial. In addition, Milan is starting to lose to their main rivals (Peabody (0-2) , Huntington (0-2) SGC (2-1 I believe, and Covington (1-2 I believe, could be wrong) on a consistent basis. 

If I’m not mistaken, two years ago I thought we mentioned the current coach at Westview to be Milan’s coach, but something about pay is why he didn’t get the job? Didn’t we mention that Milan didn’t get the big hire because of pay? Regardless, I don’t think Teddy was Milan’s first choice to begin with.

It was not the Westview coach. It was Kevin ward. 

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I agree if you start going 0 fer in your big rivalry games then it’s time they look elsewhere

13 hours ago, dhstennis said:

ahahahhaahahahhahaah  that man is NOT leaving Olive Branch for any positions currently open in West TN 

the type of football he is coaching against is so many levels above where we all are...it just wouldn't make sense for him...he has everything at his fingertips at OB:  community support, fantastic athletes and top level competition, not to mention im sure it pays better than small town West TN

that being said...any program that lands him would be incredibly fortunate to have his work ethic and skill set

we should start a thread of most desired openings in West TN...pros and cons...id even go so far as to say Milan is the #1 destination...and I hate typing that

You ever lived in Mississippi?

• Upvote 1

My understanding is game management was also another huge factor.  I had another Coach tell me that poor clock management is what cost them the game last week.  Should of ran the field goal unit on the field with 30 seconds remaining and kicked the tying field goal.   As another poster said, you lose the rival games, you won't be around for long at a program with the history Milan has.  

Really hate that he pulled out the race card.   If he'd been successful, as the Milan administration obviously thought he would, we wouldn't be having this conversation.   He failed to get the job done with a team most of us media had preseason top three so he was rightfully ask to step aside.

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

My understanding is game management was also another huge factor.  I had another Coach tell me that poor clock management is what cost them the game last week.  Should of ran the field goal unit on the field with 30 seconds remaining and kicked the tying field goal.   As another poster said, you lose the rival games, you won't be around for long at a program with the history Milan has.  

Really hate that he pulled out the race card.   If he'd been successful, as the Milan administration obviously thought he would, we wouldn't be having this conversation.   He failed to get the job done with a team most of us media had preseason top three so he was rightfully ask to step aside.

If you ran in certain circles people was chirping that they had the athletes to challenge the Mighty Alcoa !!! In our game with them the blocking schemes was horrible the only thing worse was the play calling , in all honesty had Coach Jacobs wanted it coulda been more like 56 to 14. !  I think Milan has handled very little right with their football program as of late . Coach Pettigrew could have went off into the night silent but didnt, He is a very humble good guy so there has to be more to this story, I think his " excuses" was the reason for a parting of ways but only the ones in the room really know..

1 minute ago, GCPioneer said:

If I remember correctly, didn't Milan's coaching staff forget the TSSAA practice schedule this past summer and made some kind of infraction....that alone tells me enough about this situation....

and then someone was dumb enough to post a picture for all the world to see!