Milan searching for a new skipper..... again.

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

Actually.... Milan has put out several GREAT football players...

Just some recent names that I can recall... Avery Williamson (NFL), Jacob Rimmer (Duke), Christian Coleman (Kentucky) just to name a few... for a town the size of Milan, that ain't too bad.....

Don’t for get Rod Smith. He may have ended up being the best of them all had he not suffered a career ending injury. Would love to see him leave coaching in the college ranks and come home and coach the dawgs. The would be top of my list if I were making the decision. He would be my first phone call. 

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Don’t for get Rod Smith. He may have ended up being the best of them all had he not suffered a career ending injury. Would love to see him leave coaching in the college ranks and come home and coach the dawgs. The would be top of my list if I were making the decision. He would be my first phone call. 

Yea, no doubt.. IDK all of the great Milan players that have come through, was just trying to make my point to this guy.

28 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

How many of the 4 and 5 star recruits that you speak of does Alcoa put out yearly.... real facts, not an opinion...

Not sure about Alcoa but I will say that the powerhouses in rural west Tn has always had great players but 90 percent do not earn scholarships. Mostly because of grades and coaches not taking to time to help players get recruited.

The loser here is Milan. Gave the guy an opportunity and get no appreciation, credit whatsoever. Make a change and get accused of what they certainly proved was not the case. Milan was 6-6 and several of the wins were against terrible teams. Should of certainly beat Wooddale, seems they imploded in that one and then squandered it at the end. 

I kinna figured pre season that they'd have to do pretty well this year 8-2 or so. Thought maybe the W over Covington may have given another year but then then add the other favored L's and it's all she wrote. Plus the Covington win wasn't so much a shocker(Milan should be expected to beat Cov at least 50-60% of the time) also the fact that Cov in all reality aren't as good as typical Cov teams(they're still kinna searching for who they are tho last week's outing seems more Cov like)

Edited by wolfchase
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ETNfootball said:

I've not posted in years as I usually just read the boards, but I've just received information that may be important to your search. Yesterday, I was talking to a friend that coaches at Alcoa about their upcoming game. He asked me if I had heard anything about the Milan job out west. I replied that I had not and he proceeded to tell me the following. Their defensive coordinator Brian Nix's wife just received a lucrative business opportunity in Dyersburg if they were willing to uproot and move. Yesterday, he asked several of the younger coaches who aren't married if they would possibly be willing to work with him if he took a job in West Tennessee. The coach said that he never mentioned the school, but with everything that has happened, it's not difficult to put 2 + 2 together.  Now would he be willing to move? From the opportunity I've heard his wife received, it would be a no brainer. Again, I'm not one to spread rumors, this is just what was told.

Is the Dyerburg job open?? 

4 hours ago, wow1029 said:

So so tired of hearing about the race card all the time.If things don’t go your way then boom there is it.

Might be tired about the card but in lots of situations it’s facts. Being let go after two playoff runs is very odd. Now I don’t know all the facts but there are a lot of coaches at schools that haven’t had success but they still working and getting time to succeed. How many black head coaches are at a school that’s not predominantly black.