Preseason Top Ten in 4A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

Arkansas football is not anywhere in the stratosphere of Tennessee football. I am very familiar with both, having covered both for many years. Haywood and any good football team would pound many 6A and 7A Arkansas teams. Pulaski Academy is nationally ranked every year and was manhandled by Ravenwood. The athletes in Arkansas he has now can't match up with the talent  in Tennessee - period. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Arkansas football is not anywhere in the stratosphere of Tennessee football. I am very familiar with both, having covered both for many years. Haywood and any good football team would pound many 6A and 7A Arkansas teams. Pulaski Academy is nationally ranked every year and was manhandled by Ravenwood. The athletes in Arkansas he has now can't match up with the talent  in Tennessee - period. 

I agree with you for the most part. However there are some large schools in Arkansas that can play with the top large schools in TN all be it very few. Example N Little Rock has played Whitehaven 2 competitive games the last 2 years even beating them in 2018. 

Trying hard to understand the fascination with Coach Hookfin. Specifically the negativity by patriotnation and reddyrebel?? By all accounts a good coach, that always left programs in better shape than he found them. Left for a chance to go back home and make more money, There must be a bigger issue??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I'm just curious...have you seen his field, stadium, field house...the school...bc I have...and it doesn't look like anything around these parts...so if they (Arkansas) suck at football as much as you say they do...doesn't really make sense why they would spend all that money on facilities and 6 figures on a coach (if that's what he's making)

Edited by dhstennis

6 hours ago, MunfordBball said:

Perhaps Coach Hookfin has offended patriotsnation in some form or fashion that none of us are aware of?? But 0-20 appears to be wishful thinking on patriotsnations' behalf. Hoofkins first three years at Liberty 2-8, 7-4, 12-2. First three years at Haywood 6-5, 10-2, 11-3. If i were a betting man I would put my money on Hookfin.

I'm going to say "hold your horses" real quick. I looked at their schedule off Max-preps  and they got plummeted a few times.  There closest margin of defeat was by 15, and they were beat by 30+ a few times. I would say they will probably win 2 or 3 times, but the point separation is so dramatic where if Heritage (Hookfin's team) improves and the opponents don't improve, the opponents will still have enough talent to win. A lot of times, Hookfin won games at Liberty and Haywood based on talent. Arguably one of the reasons why he didn't win the "big game."

Edited by TryNotToSuck
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MunfordBball said:

Trying hard to understand the fascination with Coach Hookfin. Specifically the negativity by patriotnation and reddyrebel?? By all accounts a good coach, that always left programs in better shape than he found them. Left for a chance to go back home and make more money, There must be a bigger issue??

Let it be very clear im not being negative about Coach Hookfin. My problem was some of y'all act like its a given that he will turn that program around in Arkansas. I'm not nearly as convinced as some of y'all. Again no problems whatsoever with Hookfin, I wish him well. 

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I'm going to say "hold your horses" real quick. I looked at their schedule off Max-preps  and they got plummeted a few times.  There closest margin of defeat was by 15, and they were beat by 30+ a few times. I would say they will probably win 2 or 3 times, but the point separation is so dramatic where if Heritage (Hookfin's team) improves and the opponents don't improve, the opponents will still have enough talent to win. A lot of times, Hookfin won games at Liberty and Haywood based on talent. Arguably one of the reasons why he didn't win the "big game."

Ok research guy...now go do the same thing for his time at Haywood & Liberty

Hookfin brought mental toughness back to haywood and it showed on the field. Hookfin left to go back home, and make more money. And HOOKFIN is extremely competitive he knew exactly what he was getting into. Also take into the fact he had to hire an entirely new coaching staff. This year and Hookfin first season at liberty are his only two losing seasons. He has made it to the dance, give him credit. At liberty kids were leaving NS and south Side and jcm to play for him. And no one wanted to play them period lol. When it comes down to it Hookfin has beat HC twice smith has 3 times Hookfin has been to the semis 4 times smith has once... Hookfins been to the title game once coach smith hasn’t. Coach smith’s a great coach he’s still gettin his feet wet though

• Like 2

On 3/3/2020 at 2:30 PM, MunfordBball said:

If I were you, I'd be more concerned about your own new head football coach, who went 4-16 at Haywood, the school you feel should play for a state title every year. 

Edited by reddyrebel6

On 3/3/2020 at 2:30 PM, MunfordBball said:

I think Ole Munford is just mad because 4 of the last 6 years their football season has ended with a spankin' at Patriot Stadium

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Alright fellas, I seriously like to see some "Top Ten" lists from you guys.   

I'm planning to do a our "Spring Preview Show" sometime in the next couple of weeks and I do respect the opinion of many of your guys.    We plan to reveal our spring top ten on this show and your input would be appreciated.   Obviously, I try and keep up with returning players and other indicators, but first hand knowledge from you guys goes a long way in our decision process.    Help us out by providing your top ten and reasoning behind it.

Thanks so much guys!