Will season be completed?

ecu

On 8/5/2020 at 8:47 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

If the TSSAA were to follow their original plan and start the season on September 18, then I would say yes that we could potentially finish a season. Saying that, I believe that playing games in August, is a huge mistake. Everyone wants instant reaction. I guarantee you that teams would be playing tomorrow if they could. I know that Shelby and Davidson Counties are coming out and say no football until September, but there are going to be tons of school districts that will rush and potentially screw things up. That's my worst fear. In addition, the players aren't ready either, they just aren't.

I know the Milan and Peabody game has a lot at stake, especially if the current status of what's going on at both programs. But both of schools are a "football first" school and will play that game. I can't think of anything to persuade both programs to not play.

Personally, we should be going with the college route and play a "shorter season" (7-8 games). But, people are apparently starving so much for football that they're going to play and potentially screw this up.

its the word "potentially" one of your sponsors?

21 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I want the season to be completed for many reasons.  They talked about moving it to spring, but what about spring sports like baseball.  Small schools like us 50% or more of basketball and also baseball players, are also football players.  Who says football takes priority over those other spring sports?  I like watching football more, but for the kids in a small school like ours, their chances of playing at the next level are higher in baseball...or so it seems.  

It's not necessarily fair, but football is the major revenue sport. Some areas, through well-off families and sponsorships will manage to field winter and spring teams. Many systems will simply not be able to finance spring sports without football revenue. I'm not minimizing the spring sports, but none of them generate enough revenue to cover their costs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KWoodroof said:

It's not necessarily fair, but football is the major revenue sport. Some areas, through well-off families and sponsorships will manage to field winter and spring teams. Many systems will simply not be able to finance spring sports without football revenue. I'm not minimizing the spring sports, but none of them generate enough revenue to cover their costs.

You're dead on! These small rural schools cannot support baseball & softball without football...Not to mention band, soccer and even basketball! None of them can generate the $$ to support themselves...We could have a turf field and new unis every season if all the FB money stayed in the football program!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

You're dead on! These small rural schools cannot support baseball & softball without football...Not to mention band, soccer and even basketball! None of them can generate the $$ to support themselves...We could have a turf field and new unis every season if all the FB money stayed in the football program!

Call the Haslam’s, they hand out turf fields like Halloween candy :roflol: