Blackmon Job

FuzzyFootballs44

2 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

He has won state championships in more than one classification.

He knows how to assemble experienced staffs. Look how many former head coaches have been on his sideline. It says alot that Jackson has remained on staff with him. 

He knows how to sell his team, his school, and himself. His former players return because they respect him. 

He runs the wingT out of multiple sets. 

Everyone said you cannot win at the highest level running the wingT. He proved them wrong. 

That McDaniels guy only won 1 ring. Many say he inherited the 08 talent and did not develop it. 

Yes, I am a Trousdale fan and Creasy fan. I saw him put hours in at practice when other coaches were home on the couch. 

Didn't think there could have been a better response to Boo than mine, but you nailed it!

16 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Joey King (Trevor Lawrence’s high school coach) left a great job at Cartersville to try college coaching for two years. Last week he returned to the high school ranks in an even better situation at Carrollton. He is now the highest paid high school coach in Georgia, so I guess you could say it paid off. 

Does being the "highest paid high school coach in Georgia" pay more than being a coordinator at a Power 5 school?  I seriously consider that it is even close.  It has been reported that one man in Tennessee was the athletic director, head football coach and head basketball coach with a salary over $600,000.00  

49 minutes ago, cbg said:

Does being the "highest paid high school coach in Georgia" pay more than being a coordinator at a Power 5 school?  I seriously consider that it is even close.  It has been reported that one man in Tennessee was the athletic director, head football coach and head basketball coach with a salary over $600,000.00  

A high school job is not going to pay more than a power 5 coordinating position but I can rival some fcs jobs. There are some coaches in Texas and Georgia that make 6 figures but not more than 150,000 at the most. 

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Yes that is true but he was also the dean of admissions as well as all the other titles. He worked for a prominent private school.

14 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I would agree with that.  I just believe athletes make coaches and not the other way around.  

I disagree.  Good coaches can “coach up” talent.  Bad coaches can win with good talent. Those coaches that win every year are good coaches no matter the class.  Also a bad coach can also never let the kids reach full potential. I think you need a good coach and talent to work with to win it all, and a bit of luck along the way.  

Creasy could definitely coach college ball. 

1 hour ago, purple75gold said:

A high school job is not going to pay more than a power 5 coordinating position but I can rival some fcs jobs. There are some coaches in Texas and Georgia that make 6 figures but not more than 150,000 at the most. 

You are confused. There are SEVERAL head coaches in Tennessee that make 150K. Apparently you would be shocked at what some D2 schools pay their football coaches.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

You are out of your mind.... McDaniels is not that far behind Creasy 

The only one who is out of their mind is you hoss!   5 State Championship as opposed to one. Of course I understand tha Blaze fans have never experienced a State Championship in Football like Riverdale and Oakland.

Edited by TomLHS
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I disagree.  Good coaches can “coach up” talent.  Bad coaches can win with good talent. Those coaches that win every year are good coaches no matter the class.  Also a bad coach can also never let the kids reach full potential. I think you need a good coach and talent to work with to win it all, and a bit of luck along the way.  

Creasy could definitely coach college ball. 

I think there are many coaches that could college ball.  But let's look at your school as an example.  In 2019 your coach had you all rolling and you were aiming his graces about finally having a great coach to coach the boys up etc.  Then 2020 (and I mean no disrespect) but you all were terrible.  So did you all just not have talent or did your coach forget how to coach?  Can't be both ways.  

2 hours ago, TomLHS said:

The only one who is out of their mind is you hoss!   5 State Championship as opposed to one. Of course I understand tha Blaze fans have never experienced a State Championship in Football like Riverdale and Oakland.

Buddy, you don't know come here from sick'em...I grew up in west Texas (Odessa) the REAL MOJO, and I have seen plenty of great football played going back to the 70's, you ain't seen the ball since kickoff. You are comparing Creasy's years at previous school and Oakland against McDaniels run at Oakland? If McDaniels hadn't of been there, to build that program up, Creasy would not be having the success he is today. McDaniels had to coach against the better talent going to Riverdale and even Blackman. Fortunately Ayedelott made it a little easier and the tide began to shift. Being the Warriors fan you havent had anything to cheer about since the 90's (before Blackman even existed) Funny how a school came into the county and beat you fellas 10 of the last 11 games.... 

2 hours ago, TomLHS said:

I would argue that when Daniels was at Oakland it was much more difficult to win a state title. I personally believe that Maryville was much much better back then under Quarles.  Ravenwood Cane Ridge and Whitestation was at their height as well. Not to mention wasn't Blackman and maybe 1 other in county team under much better leadership?   

48 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Buddy, you don't know come here from sick'em...I grew up in west Texas (Odessa) the REAL MOJO, and I have seen plenty of great football played going back to the 70's, you ain't seen the ball since kickoff. You are comparing Creasy's years at previous school and Oakland against McDaniels run at Oakland? If McDaniels hadn't of been there, to build that program up, Creasy would not be having the success he is today. McDaniels had to coach against the better talent going to Riverdale and even Blackman. Fortunately Ayedelott made it a little easier and the tide began to shift. Being the Warriors fan you havent had anything to cheer about since the 90's (before Blackman even existed) Funny how a school came into the county and beat you fellas 10 of the last 11 games.... 

48 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

You may want to chill your heels keyboard warrior.  McDaniel is a good coach, but he isn't a Kevin Creasy.  As for your Texas comparison, what point were your trying to make? Let me enlighten you big boy on the genesis of your program. You guys started off with Riverdale's 2nd stringers.  You are no more than an average program.

Edited by TomLHS

49 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I would argue that when Daniels was at Oakland it was much more difficult to win a state title. I personally believe that Maryville was much much better back then under Quarles.  Ravenwood Cane Ridge and Whitestation was at their height as well. Not to mention wasn't Blackman and maybe 1 other in county team under much better leadership?   

49 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

And your argument would be baseless.  McDaniel won two district titles during his tenure at Oakland.  Now that is not too bad, but to put him in Creasy's category would be ridiculous.