TC hosts Tyner

tcjacket13

I like Tyner in a close one. I think Tyners coaching staff will have them well prepared to go into Hartsville and come away with a victory. 

I dont necessarily want to see them come back to Meigs County again but I believe the combination of that big back who is a beast to bring down and a solid QB with talented receivers and speed at multiple positions is difficult to deal with. A coaching staff also that was the best I seen all year by far at game management, motivation, coaching, referee persuading, etc.

Tyner scored 18 on Meigs and had the lead at halftime.

Meigs Defense is the best in 2A in the state. Minus the Tyner game giving up less than 4 a game. Pretty much shutouts and a late score by the second or third team.

Tyner pretty much scored more in one game on Meigs first team Defense than all other schools including Marion County who many on here were saying was going to beat Meigs by a couple scores. Don't forget that. 

I just believe that that Tyner is focused on the here and now and this new coaching staff will get the job done. They don't care about what happened last time.

I think it will be one of the best games of the first round.

Tyner 20 TC 17

On 11/1/2021 at 2:04 PM, DealLawyer said:

Is Tssaa reclassifying every two years now? If so TC could possibly go back to 1A in the short term but long term i think they are 2A with the growth in the county based on 2020 census data. The growth has been slow to trickle down to the schools but it will at some point. Last go round Tc reported 378 students and largest 1A had 374.  

on the flip side, with Wilson county’s growth, water is on the verge of moving up to 3A.  Water reported 536 students (158 more  than TC) with smallest 3A being 544. 

Checked TSSAA website and does appear that they are reclassifying every two years now instead of 4 years. So they will collect enrollment data in fall of 2022 for the next cycle.  Will Watertown have 9 more students by then??

1 hour ago, Tiger2 said:

I like Tyner in a close one. I think Tyners coaching staff will have them well prepared to go into Hartsville and come away with a victory. 

I dont necessarily want to see them come back to Meigs County again but I believe the combination of that big back who is a beast to bring down and a solid QB with talented receivers and speed at multiple positions is difficult to deal with. A coaching staff also that was the best I seen all year by far at game management, motivation, coaching, referee persuading, etc.

Meigs Defense is the best in 2A in the state. Minus the Tyner game giving up less than 4 a game. Pretty much shutouts and a late score by the second or third team.

Tyner pretty much scored more in one game on Meigs first team Defense than all other schools including Marion County who many on here were saying was going to beat Meigs by a couple scores. Don't forget that. 

I just believe that that Tyner is focused on the here and now and this new coaching staff will get the job done. They don't care about what happened last time.

Tyner 20 TC 17

Good analysis and hope your prediction is on point!

1 hour ago, Tiger2 said:

Tyner 20 TC 17

:roflol::roflolk:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I didn’t predict a win last week. I also have not criticized the team or the coaching staff. However, you are exactly right that many will flip flop again. 

I won't flip. I am for the Jackets every game but I just do not see a TEAM mentality. 

Edited by jimmycrackedthatcorn
  • Sad 1

Game day- Great day for a trip over to Trousdale.  Will be cold but dry.  I expect the Rams to give it a great shot tonight and compete hard for four quarters. Win or lose the new coaches have brought way more out of these kids on the field than I thought possible and there are only a handful of seniors in this bunch. Another year of development like this one could really make Tyner a contender.  But they are contenders now and I got a feeling they will show that tonight.  Good luck to our brothers in region 3. Go Rams!!

16 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Game day- Great day for a trip over to Trousdale.  Will be cold but dry.  I expect the Rams to give it a great shot tonight and compete hard for four quarters. Win or lose the new coaches have brought way more out of these kids on the field than I thought possible and there are only a handful of seniors in this bunch. Another year of development like this one could really make Tyner a contender.  But they are contenders now and I got a feeling they will show that tonight.  Good luck to our brothers in region 3. Go Rams!!

Have a safe trip up Rams!

• CoachT locked this topic