Enrollment Numbers

31 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Yep.  How do they figure enrollment?  Isn't it the last 4 years average or something like that? I can't remember. 

I thought schools turn in enrollments and they go with that.Not sure though.Find out what Union City did all those years.Kept people home or didn't count special needs students or something .Town looks like a small Jackson and stayed Single A.But they going to say lost students to Central...lol

12 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I can't believe I'm typing this and it almost feels wrong to say but I agree with the tssaa's proposal. 

I watched it twice and still don't hate it. It does feel weird saying TSSAA put together a rational, well thought out proposal. 

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

Yep.  How do they figure enrollment?  Isn't it the last 4 years average or something like that? I can't remember. 

They are tied to the enrollment numbers the schools give the state to get their funding somehow. It's not an average but the actual enrollment this fall. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I thought schools turn in enrollments and they go with that.Not sure though.Find out what Union City did all those years.Kept people home or didn't count special needs students or something .Town looks like a small Jackson and stayed Single A.But they going to say lost students to Central...lol

Every school turns in an enrollment number to the state at the beginning of each year. It is required. The TSSAA uses that number, whatever it may be, at the time of the latest classification they are doing. It is not a "rolling" number or average of several years.

1 hour ago, BobcatFan22 said:

something they didn't bring up... are they gonna take into account teams like East Memphis and Alcoa who traditionally PLAY UP for this... or are they gonna make them play "in their range" in all classes...

Neither of those teams play up. Not in football anyway 

Edited by WarEagleCartman

1 hour ago, Sherdog said:

The problem is its not fair to small towns that don't have numbers and then towns for example like Mckenzie, Trenton, and Fayetteville who sneak in by 20 kids or less and obviously have the numbers to play 2a.

Trenton and Tc where literally the two smallest 2 a schools in 2018 amd both played for gold ! We played Meigs who had I believe 150 more kids 2 years in a row and won gold , quit crying like a baby, your 4 posts in just crawl back into your hole