TSSAA regions published on site

smalltownfb

17 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I hereby proclaim region 6-2A be formally called “The 2A Region of Death”. 

Personally I love it. Huntingdon plays a tough schedule every year anyways as we always have Milan. Recently added back Peabody. Replaced waverly with Riverside. Then the region has been historically tough with the top 2-3 teams anyways. Adding Milan and Trenton as region opponents will just open up those out of region weeks for us to potentially add a UC, Westview, or Waverly back to our schedule as well. I love the tough games in the regular season. Iron sharpens iron. And now they'll just mean a little bit more since it will affect playoff seeding. Look for R6 to sweep R5 for several years in Round 1. I see Trenton, Milan, and Huntingdon being better than anything R5 has to offer for several years. 

I can't speak for all programs, but I know ours, Milan, and Trenton would much rather see exciting 50/50 games throughout the year than have a 10-0 season with a cupcake schedule.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crow said:

And kids transfer to Scott from Oneida. You can go to either school you chose as both are either partially or fully funded by the county government. As long as there is a legitimate change of address it’s all good regardless of which direction you’re transferring. 

Nobody transfers to Scott for football. 

22 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Personally I love it. Huntingdon plays a tough schedule every year anyways as we always have Milan. Recently added back Peabody. Replaced waverly with Riverside. Then the region has been historically tough with the top 2-3 teams anyways. Adding Milan and Trenton as region opponents will just open up those out of region weeks for us to potentially add a UC, Westview, or Waverly back to our schedule as well. I love the tough games in the regular season. Iron sharpens iron. And now they'll just mean a little bit more since it will affect playoff seeding. Look for R6 to sweep R5 for several years in Round 1. I see Trenton, Milan, and Huntingdon being better than anything R5 has to offer for several years. 

I can't speak for all programs, but I know ours, Milan, and Trenton would much rather see exciting 50/50 games throughout the year than have a 10-0 season with a cupcake schedule.

As a Milan fan, I agree. Milan, Peabody, and Huntingdon already play each other as non-Region games. Milan will probably just replace the annual Week 1 game against Peabody with South Gibson. Then that leaves two more non-Region games (probably Hardin County and then someone else). I see Milan, Peabody, and Huntingdon as the top 3 in some order with everyone else playing for fourth. And, that's not a knock on the other teams. Milan will return a lot next year. Huntingdon returns a ton. Peabody loses a lot, but they've proven that they will just reload.

I've been told Milan will be in 2A for just these two years. Enrollment was down due to several students not coming back to in-person learning, but rather learning from home. Also, the enrollment numbers for 7th and 8th grades are higher than the current grades in the high school. Just my two cents

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Historically Milan has been either 2A or 3A for many decades. We are either one of the biggest 2A or smallest 3A almost every time. During the last classification cycle out enrollment was in the 560’s which put us in the bottom 5 schools of 3A but we elected to play up to 4A. This time we are the second biggest 2A. 

As far as our county, there are 7 high schools in Gibson Co. Milan, Trenton, Peabody, South Gibson, Humboldt, Gibson Co  and Bradford

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Nobody transfers to Scott for football. 

We lost one from last years roster that went there this season. Now I can’t say if it was for football or not. Honestly not sure if they played or not this year but I know for certain we get a few here and there and we lose just as many. Neither has saw much of a net benefit from transfers. Duncan last year was an asset but he also sat out a full year. The big QB could’ve been it he was hurt as much or more at Oneida Ashe was at Scott. Very limo playing time due to it at both places. He could’ve been a huge asset to either had he been able to stay healthy. Outside of those I can’t recall any impact transfers from Scott in recent years but I certainly could’ve overlooked some. 

1 minute ago, crow said:

We lost one from last years roster that went there this season. Now I can’t say if it was for football or not. Honestly not sure if they played or not this year but I know for certain we get a few here and there and we lose just as many. Neither has saw much of a net benefit from transfers. Duncan last year was an asset but he also sat out a full year. The big QB could’ve been it he was hurt as much or more at Oneida Ashe was at Scott. Very limo playing time due to it at both places. He could’ve been a huge asset to either had he been able to stay healthy. Outside of those I can’t recall any impact transfers from Scott in recent years but I certainly could’ve overlooked some. 

He wouldn't have played much at Oneida but he didn't move for football anyway. But 4 starters on last year's Oneida team were transfers, if you include the big QB. 3 sat out a year. And most kids transfer in for 9th grade cause you don't have to sit out a year. Big lineman last year was from the county. If you want to add in those it's easily about 2 or 3 every year. Sophomore class has 2, Junior class has 2. 

1 hour ago, crow said:

And kids transfer to Scott from Oneida. You can go to either school you chose as both are either partially or fully funded by the county government. As long as there is a legitimate change of address it’s all good regardless of which direction you’re transferring. 

You don't need to change address. As long as you live in Scott Co you can go to either Oneida or Scott High. If you transfer for sports you have to sit out a year, unless you transfer between 8th and 9th grade. Then you can start right away.