NIL

mondo44

17 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

What's next $13 beer sold at the games.

HAHAHA!!! Made me laugh, but that will be the case before too long. Competitive schools better get in front of this. Saban poor mouthed it and dropped to third in his conference this year.

IMO all this talk of huge costs are what drives this stuff. In other words, if you can pay for the nice facilities, weight rooms, $100k head coaches, 10+ coaching supplements, fake turf (to supposedly save $ lol), fancy scoreboards, light shows, new Jersey’s/equipment each year, etc, then there is ALOT OF money being passed out. People have been lining with their hand out  for a few years with NFHS-like game coverage and multiple athletic directors in high school as a couple of examples. Lots of people profiting. All of that is kind of ridiculous when you think about it. Well, the best players just got in line and they may cutting to the front…time will tell.

If the most competitive schools don’t get on board, then they are going to be left behind. You lose your 2 best players every year to the local private school (or other) who is paying, it makes winning tougher in high school. I think you’ll end up with those who can afford to participate and pay the guys who allow them to bring in more $ and make the playoffs to play those extra games versus those teams that are gonna go 5-5. Kind of like the power 5 and everybody else in college.

It will be interesting to see where it goes. The $13 beers  may seem far fetched right now, but just wait. In the mean time, as I have one in high school, I’m gonna make sure my phone stays charged so I don’t miss that $5K call!! Lol

Edited by strongx
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Good lord…We got about 105 kids in our program and no where near this admit 

Curiosity has gotten the best of me; how much does Pearl-Cohn spend/fund raise each year on helmets, shoulder pads, uniforms, pre-game meals, etc…. I have been told by a very reliable source that even with “KING JOHN COOPERS” 34.5% property tax increase the high schools must pay for everything except game officials. There is a financial reason for PC playing MBA at MBA every season.

16 hours ago, cbg said:

Everyone in Tennessee should understand that our property/school taxes are extremely low.  People are always asking why the schools in Texas have such great athletic facilities and public school systems.  The answer is that the school boards actually set what individual homeowners pay in school taxes and you pay those monies directly to the school system.  If the school board wants a new stadium or school to be built they raise your school taxes enough to pay for those improvements. 

My property taxes in Ft. Bend were 3x what I currently pay in Nashville….but schools and facilities are 10x what I see in public schools here.  And not just football…all facilities!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Curiosity has gotten the best of me; how much does Pearl-Cohn spend/fund raise each year on helmets, shoulder pads, uniforms, pre-game meals, etc…. I have been told by a very reliable source that even with “KING JOHN COOPERS” 34.5% property tax increase the high schools must pay for everything except game officials. There is a financial reason for PC playing MBA at MBA every season.

I couldn’t tell you cbg I’m not that deep in lol but most of that is true. I know uniforms we haven’t had new ones in a few years. Pads if I’m not mistaken some was donated but there huge and most prefer the old beat up ones. I want to say before covid we started getting new helmets “around 30”. Pregame meals the church was actually feeding the football team,band and cheerleaders but covid killed that so now it comes out the FB budget and granny and another parent prepares everything. “Strong Ladies” The football team does a lot of fundraising and thankful a lot of the PC alumni give back.

Edited by FBfan26
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

My property taxes in Ft. Bend were 3x what I currently pay in Nashville….but schools and facilities are 10x what I see in public schools here.  And not just football…all facilities!

While money is not the answer to everything it does play a significant roll in the overall education of Davidson County students.  Metro Nashville Public Schools (Davidson County) in the 1970’s began to abandon the public school system.  The end result is that the private schools and academic magnet schools have flourished.  When the public school system was “online” during the pandemic the private schools were continuing with business as usual.  Now the various school boards are wondering why the kids are 2+ years behind in reading and mathematics.  It’s so bad in Nashville that no one is able to tell me the last Mayor of Davidson County that sent their children to Metro Nashville Public Schools.  When “KING JOHN COOPER” elects to send his kids to private schools and not MNPS that should tell the residents of Davidson County everything that they need to know.