Pin-TN rankings 1/9

WrestlingGod

DB had eight pins against Maryville.  I keep saying it (and I think most agree) but DB is real handful assuming they can stay healthy, nobody quits, etc. etc. etc.   I think they have a real shot at top 4.  

I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure how anyone could have looked at DBs roster and come to the conclusion SH or Maryville are better.  I have zero affiliation with DB and have said less than five words to any of their coaches in my life. 

Edited by oceansize42

7 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

DB had eight pins against Maryville.  I keep saying it (and I think most agree) but DB is real handful assuming they can stay healthy, nobody quits, etc. etc. etc.   I think they have a real shot at top 4.  

I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure how anyone could have looked at DBs roster and come to the conclusion SH or Maryville are better.  I have zero affiliation with DB and have said less than five words to any of their coaches in my life. 

They're really good and people shouldn't over look them at all. We were missing a few, but nor sure it'd matter.

12 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

DB is ranked 8th in the coaches poll

11 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Yes that is much much closer to reality.  I think Cleveland and Bradley have to be one and two and then things get mirky and will probably depend on who comes in most healthy.

I agree Cleveland and Bradley 1 and 2. I don’t agree that every other team after that is murky. The next two are pretty obvious too. 

2 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

I agree Cleveland and Bradley 1 and 2. I don’t agree that every other team after that is murky. The next two are pretty obvious too. 

The sad part is that Cleveland & Bradley County for years have been so far ahead of the other teams in D1.  Has anyone ever asked the question as to what they are doing that the other teams are not doing or for whatever reason elect not to do.  Since 2008 Cleveland or Bradley have won every single dual state wrestling championship with the exception of 2012 when Soddy Daisy was the winner.  Since 2006 in D2 you have had 4 different dual state wrestling champions, but you have much fewer teams in D2.

Edited by cbg

42 minutes ago, cbg said:

The sad part is that Cleveland & Bradley County for years have been so far ahead of the other teams in D1.  Has anyone ever asked the question as to what they are doing that the other teams are not doing or for whatever reason elect not to do.  Since 2008 Cleveland or Bradley have won every single dual state wrestling championship with the exception of 2012 when Soddy Daisey was the winner.  Since 2006 in D2 you have had 4 different dual state wrestling champions, but you have much fewer teams in D2.

Totally agree. 

There is $omething different about wre$tling in Chattanooga. I cant quite put my finger on what it i$ though. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ummmno said:

Totally agree. 

There is $omething different about wre$tling in Chattanooga. I cant quite put my finger on what it i$ though. 

The difference is the feeder program and what all of the coaches put into the program.  By the time they get to middle school, quite a few of those kids have been wrestling and traveling for a good while.  The kids put in long long hours but the coaches make them passionate about it and the kids hold each other accountable.  

16 minutes ago, CHSBLUE said:

The difference is the feeder program and what all of the coaches put into the program.  By the time they get to middle school, quite a few of those kids have been wrestling and traveling for a good while.  The kids put in long long hours but the coaches make them passionate about it and the kids hold each other accountable.  

Yeah, thats it and thats the only reason. No other coaches care about their programs as much as Cleveland. 

No other rea$son$ at all. 

• Upvote 1