Predictions for who makes it to state D1 and D2 boys duals

Wrestlingfan22

31 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

Why would that suck for Cole?  If he stayed at Cleveland, then he doesn’t even get to compete for a State title even though he is probably #1b at the weight. If he is deemed eligible he may not win it all but he will get to compete. Kid gave 3.5 years to the Cleveland high school program and made a big cut to start and help the team all year.  He loses a controversial wrestle-off to a freshman and he should just be happy and not look for another opportunity?  That’s silly.  As long as he isn’t taking the spot from another kid at Soddy who could qualify for state then I have no issue with it. And not having Cole tonight could have cost Cleveland because Cordero only got a decision (of course that’s all he needed though I don’t think he can pin Ricon like Cole did).

I do not want to be mean but he is an upgrade over Micah for sure, also very well could move Cole to 113 and him wrestle there instead of 106 if Flavin has been certified for 106. It gives many options, I just don't know if he will be approved for eligibility or not. I hope so because I enjoy the kids getting a chance to wrestle out their dreams and he did give 3.5 years of his life to that program when he could have moved at beginning of the year to Bradley and it not even be a question. So I see no issue with him doing this especially since Cleveland does not have to face him or worry about him. 

Also it is crazy how good the competition is this year for every division. Cleveland barely beating Bradley which might be a preview of the finals in state duals.  Signal, Greeneville, Halls, Pigeon Forge and Soddy in A and it seems any of these teams can win it all.  In D2 Baylor probably wins it all but Father Ryan will have a say in that.

Edited by cobrakid8

24 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I do not want to be mean but he is an upgrade over Micah for sure, also very well could move Cole to 113 and him wrestle there instead of 106 if Flavin has been certified for 106. It gives many options, I just don't know if he will be approved for eligibility or not. I hope so because I enjoy the kids getting a chance to wrestle out their dreams and he did give 3.5 years of his life to that program when he could have moved at beginning of the year to Bradley and it not even be a question. So I see no issue with him doing this especially since Cleveland does not have to face him or worry about him. 

Also it is crazy how good the competition is this year for every division. Cleveland barely beating Bradley which might be a preview of the finals in state duals.  Signal, Greeneville, Halls, Pigeon Forge and Soddy in A and it seems any of these teams can win it all.  In D2 Baylor probably wins it all but Father Ryan will have a say in that.

Good stuff

26 minutes ago, Wrestlingfan22 said:

Better not overlook page in this discussion

I'm not really sure on what to make of them. They wrestled Knox Halls twice, got killed once and killed Halls once. They also killed Pigeon Forge in a dual, but i think PF was missing some wrestlers. They did beat Tullahoma tonight and that's a good win, about like Soddy's win over Tullahoma. So the will be a tough out also. Might be one of the toughest A dual fields I've seen. 

7 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

or our State is just really down….. i don’t see any teams that are really good top to bottom

Actually I think it's the opposite I watched db and halls at the Bill Brimer and the average tennessee wrestlers were beating the good out of state wrestlers. The youth dual team that travels to Iowa has placed 2nd the last 2 years so I think our average kids would be good in most places so I think the state as a whole is improving 

9 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

I'm not really sure on what to make of them. They wrestled Knox Halls twice, got killed once and killed Halls once. They also killed Pigeon Forge in a dual, but i think PF was missing some wrestlers. They did beat Tullahoma tonight and that's a good win, about like Soddy's win over Tullahoma. So the will be a tough out also. Might be one of the toughest A dual fields I've seen. 

I saw Page and Halls at the Vandergriff duals where they beat Halls that day.  Halls had 6 starters out FWIW.  They had a rash of sickness hit the team with a bunch getting the flu that week. 

If you know how intense Sayne is, he actually canceled practice for a couple days just to get guys healthy and stop the spread of sickness. That's how bad it was.  

If Halls has everyone healthy they have a really strong line up with very few weak points. Losing one of the Sexton brothers for the season hurt though. I may go watch them tonight at sectionals vs Crockett.  

• Like 1

I was just informed that the D2 Dual Match Regional Tournament scheduled for this Saturday at Christian Brothers High School in Memphis has been postponed until Tuesday of next week.  Apparently there has been some unrest in Memphis and the mayor has requested that all extracurricular activities in Shelby County be cancelled. Why would the TSSAA not just move the tournament to Nashville?

3 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

I saw Page and Halls at the Vandergriff duals where they beat Halls that day.  Halls had 6 starters out FWIW.  They had a rash of sickness hit the team with a bunch getting the flu that week. 

If you know how intense Sayne is, he actually canceled practice for a couple days just to get guys healthy and stop the spread of sickness. That's how bad it was.  

If Halls has everyone healthy they have a really strong line up with very few weak points. Losing one of the Sexton brothers for the season hurt though. I may go watch them tonight at sectionals vs Crockett.  

I heard from a reliable source sexton will be weighing in tonight 

I see alot of people talking about Cordero, and how the wrestle off was controversial? I would love to know what was so controversial about it?  Cleveland does two wrestle offs during the season so all the kids know it is coming. They brought in an outside refreeze to ref the match as well. Kids found out on Friday that it would be on Monday then it got moved to Tuesday. Dyer was a pound over going into Tuesday. I get it he was a Senior and was ranked number 1 but he lost twice in both wrestle offs. So i would love to know what was so controversial? That kid didn't make any excuses( just released from having a broken collarbone 13 days before the wrestle off, and he had the flue 6 days after that) when he lost the first time, he got to work and made it happen for himself. Nothing against the Dyers, but to say something is controversial when it wasn't is ludacris  to me